[Suggestion] Allow the Strident Trident to break docks.

13 minutes ago, chaosmonkey said:

Please no. This would make it impossible to replant bull kelps or to spear fish around your docks without destroying them.

But you would be hitting the water to perform those actions? Not the dock itself?

Just now, Hornete said:

But you would be hitting the water to perform those actions? Not the dock itself?

I haven't looked at the code for the trident but it's an aoe around a point so there's always a chance for collateral damage.

For destroying docks we already have gunpowder which is easily accessible; why nerf the trident like this?

4 minutes ago, chaosmonkey said:

I haven't looked at the code for the trident but it's an aoe around a point so there's always a chance for collateral damage.

The leaks caused by the trident and the uprooting of kelp/fish are already seperate, the latter's range is farther than the formers range. I see no reason why we can not tie being able to damage docks to the geysers.

4 minutes ago, chaosmonkey said:

For destroying docks we already have gunpowder which is easily accessible

Options are fun, I like carrying a trident with me and it'd make it convenient. It's not necessary but is any of the new content necessary? No, it's just expansion but it's fun so it works.

10 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The leaks caused by the trident and the uprooting of kelp/fish are already seperate, the latter's range is farther than the formers range.

Ahh interesting! I'm supportive if it's going to be hard to accidentally break a dock; would certainly be more convenient than the gunpowder. Would be nice to have that extra use for the Trident.

Archived