[Game Update] - 512556

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i liked getting gnomes from him

Rubber bungs are much much more useful though. I get that gnomes have nice decorative value but if I have to choose between the two, I’d keep the bungs.

59 minutes ago, Echsrick said:
make wortox and woodie immune to the monkey curse, why? because they are allready cursed, you cant get cursed if you allready are cursed

I’m up for any woodie buff but, it’s a different curse, so I see no reason why they can’t get it as well. It’s also a curse that overrides their original curse. I dunno, I don’t see the similarity. 

I think both of these character are due for a few touches in next QOLs but probably not in this way.

• Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, Echsrick said:

here is a good idea

make wortox and woodie immune to the monkey curse, why? because they are allready cursed, you cant get cursed if you allready are cursed

I feel like Woodie disproves this as he gained were moose and goose along the way.

4 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’m up for any woodie buff but, it’s a different curse, so I see no reason why they can’t get it as well. It’s also a curse that overrides their original curse. I dunno, I don’t see the similarity. 

I think both of these character are due for a few touches in next QOLs but probably not in this way.

I feel like a interesting idea that could be worked into Woodie considering he seems to be alot more experienced at handling curses now at least it's implied by his quotes I feel like a interesting idea would be to give Woodie the ability to craft a idol that temporarily negates the effects of the curse or even a idol to undo the curse completely as a alternative way to rid the curse.

Keep in mind I'm thinking under the assumption these idols would be allowed to be consumed by Wonkey as well however these wouldn't be useable by non woodie players until they fully became a Wonkey and Woodie wouldn't learn this craft until after he reverted from being a Wonkey for the first time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Fixed another character transformation crash

Tested on the latest version, there still seems to be at least one more that happens when a Shadow Creature spawns after a player has transformed (due to transparency calculation.) Something to do with ThePlayer on the server becoming an invalid entity after a transformation occurs rather than being nil as it's supposed to be at all times for a server.

3 hours ago, Parusoid said:

if im not mistaken you need to loot cursed trinkets for it to happen, and since you are not venturing outside your base you should remain curse-free

I mean I still occasionally sail to get some kelps, salt, find a bottle, kill Crab King/Malbatross, etc, and if pirate raids happen randomly like wave hounds, then won't I inevitably encounter powder monkeys and would have to kill them which would give me cursed trinkets? Maybe they can even change it to where killing raid monkeys won't give the player cursed trinkets in their inventory and only killing island monkeys will give you the cursed trinkets, idk. Or something like getting the pirate hat will cause you to not accumulate trinkets when killing monkeys, or something to that effect

• Potato Cup 1