New farm building for growing new non-renewable plants

I would like to see a building added that would allow us to grow new plants that normally aren't harvested.

Something like a plant nursery, it would take a plant that is normally non renewable (decor plants, utility plants) and your dupes would have to care for the plants in question regularly or they would die and leave no seeds behind (make as sort of a risk to do maybe?).

But basically the idea would be that the dupes would clip a part of the plant in question to grow a new plant from and the old plant would be in a healing state that would reduce its effects by 75% for 10 - 30 cycles (Decor would be around 10 cycles and utility plants near 30 or something like that).

Decor plants would just require water (1 kg per cycle) and dirt (1 kg per cycle), while the utility plants would require double what they normally do for their fertilizer. This would be for both the original plant and the clipping.

Values could be adjusted but that's basically my idea.

Yes I know that you can play with care packages to get more seeds, but I'd like a way to do so without care packages.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:57 AM, Sanchozz said:

This is certainly not a new farm building, but it is quite a working way for growing new non-renewable plants

While mods are great and all, sometimes they can be hit and miss. I'd rather there be something base game without having to use mods.

Archived