Best Refresh?

Wes is best  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think got the best rework?

2. 2. Do you main the character you picked from question 1?

3. 3. What was good about the refresh?

• It fits characters personality along with their abilities
    • Abilities are solid and useful
    • The playstyle is different which makes it fun
    • Character became less tedious to manage
    • Recipes for character specific items got cheaper
    • A new mechanic
    • Other (Please tell in the comments)
  4. 4. The characters you picked in question 1, are they perfect?

• Yes!
    • Yes, but need revision to specific character bugs.
    • No, still needs some tuning
    • Other (Please tell in the comments)

2 minutes ago, grumm9690 said:

More stats from food, duh. How is that a nerf if with portable crockpot you're free to cook the food as you go anyway so shortened spoilage doesn't play that much of a role, and espeically the bundle wraps restriction (which I didn't even say that it surely should be added, just an assumption over the original idea).

So he's just gonna carry an entire fridge with him for when he wants buffs on the go? Sounds like inventory management hell.

6 minutes ago, grumm9690 said:

Pigs can't really mine ruins statues or hammer broken clockworks so helps a lot with ruins without even mentioning just mining boulders if you'll need that. I'm just saying that he has more advantages than Wanda early-game and mid-game because her teleports aren't really useful in those parts of the game. Short-term run pretty much == early-game run I guess because short-term is basically making a run which doesn't exit the early-game phase really and ends before day 5 usually. Also, what is there that Wanda can offer early-game except backstep which only works for fuelweaver and alarming clock?

Idk just seems like a very minor reason for a pick.

8 minutes ago, grumm9690 said:

You said disabling bundling for also his unique crockpot dishes and also all dishes in the game, or, well, the spoilage stopping in them. I just said that only normal dishes cooked by Warly MAYBE shouldn't go into wraps, not his unique ones.

Yes only Warly should be uniquely penalized by this so a small minority of players feel satisfied with his current state and possibly still won't play him.

9 minutes ago, grumm9690 said:

CC crowns for everyone and maybe also infinite mushlights & glowcaps. Also, ngl I've seen way too many woodie mains complain in late-game worlds that they can't properly live with moonstorms lol because full moons each day.

I mean if it's a group damage modifier characters kinda matter even less because again a group is fighting and Warly's boosts only get better as you have more people. But that aside it feels like we're just going in circles at this point with nothing new to add to this.

31 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

So he's just gonna carry an entire fridge with him for when he wants buffs on the go? Sounds like inventory management hell.

As I said, this will only apply to normal crockpot dishes. His special recipes won't have that, the ones that give buffs.

Idk just seems like a very minor reason for a pick.

Having some perk while not losing other ones is better than not having that perk, so eh.

Yes only Warly should be uniquely penalized by this so a small minority of players feel satisfied with his current state and possibly still won't play him.

I guess I don't need to repeat third time that this idea was just a random thought which I didn't consider for sure good or something like that. Also, a bit more complicated way, two modes for Warly cooking, normal mode for normal dishes and special mode for those x1.33 stats x0.5 spoilage dishes, Warly would be able to toggle those modes on his crockpot. Although it would be simpler to just not give him bundling wrap restriction and make spoilage time x0.75 instead to not be as much of a penalty if you're stockpiling a bit.

And about group of people fighting bosses, well, why not make the fight faster when you can. And Warly's stuff stacks with damage multiplier chars' multipliers so they're even better, although yeah doesn't matter as much in late-game.

1 minute ago, Echsrick said:

solution? remove moon portal because people abuse the fact that they can exploit a characters perk and ad it onto another, wich at that point may as well just spawn in the things you need

that would be a horrible solution. Better solution? if you don't like the celestial portal you don't have to use it.

Quick summary of the thread so far:

Does Wolfgang being somewhat better than Wanda in the early game mean that Warly is completely worthless and might as well not even exist?

hopefully you're all caught up now

6 hours ago, Dextops said:

that would be a horrible solution. Better solution? if you don't like the celestial portal you don't have to use it.

"dude just don't use game's content instead of changing it if you don't like it"
This also feels like a terrible solution, or at least by far not the best. That's like saying that balancing the game is completely pointless because people can just not use the perks they don't like.

To be fair though, removing the portal also would be a crappy solution.

1 hour ago, grumm9690 said:

"dude just don't use game's content instead of changing it if you don't like it"
This also feels like a terrible solution, or at least by far not the best. That's like saying that balancing the game is completely pointless because people can just not use the perks they don't like.

To be fair though, removing the portal also would be a crappy solution.

the difference is the celestial champion truly is something you can ignore. You aren't missing out on any content if you don't use it. You also aren't suffering if you're playing as a certain character. It's something purely QOL and there aren't any good changes that could be made to it without it just being annoying.

6 hours ago, Dextops said:

the difference is the celestial champion truly is something you can ignore. You aren't missing out on any content if you don't use it. You also aren't suffering if you're playing as a certain character. It's something purely QOL and there aren't any good changes that could be made to it without it just being annoying.

There are some good changes that can be made, it's just that they need to be added directly to some problematic characters. But it's a bit off-topic at this point.

My main annoyance with Warly is definitely my inventory filling up with all kinds of edibles that as any other character I would just shovel down and get rid of them, but as Warly I just can't. You can't burn them either. Some examples include undesirable seeds and vegetables while farming for Peppers. There's also stuff like petals, seeds or ferns that I sometimes pick up while holding space bar, leftover light bulbs, the single morsel or monster meat etc. If you've played him you'll understand it better than I can explain it. With Webber and Wormwood it's the opposite as they'll eat almost anything, and they still have plenty of useful perks. You can just drop the food you don't want on the ground and it will turn to rot, but then you're leaving rot all over your map which is eh.

I kinda wish the scaled furnace worked as an incinerator rather than as an oven. I already use a mod to let me burn damaged tools in a fire pit, but being able to dispose of anything would be useful.

Archived