New update teaser & another crazy idea from Mike23Ua

First off- you do not tease images of Monkeys and NOT expect the forums to immediately expect Wilbur is coming to DST.

However upon further examination of the image it appears these monkey are wearing pirate bandanas and carrying swords?

This got me to thinking.. Some of the single player characters if they were ported into DST how the game is right now, they simply would not be very interesting to play as.. however with the teaser image in question it appears there may be some new prime apes that IF Wilbur was added into the game would directly benefit/hinder his gameplay.

Then I had a big brain idea: What if all the dlc characters from single player don’t starve was added into the game in this same manor?

As in: When the character gets added the world gets updated to support their unique gameplay.

With the current teaser being Monkey, it only makes logical sense to want Wilbur in the game.

But what if it extended beyond just that? What if say Walani was added to the game along with a new ocean mob that only annoyed/interacted with her? For example.. what if Shipwrecked StinkRays we’re added into the game and alongside them the Boats got a “Fumigation Pump” upgrade for boat masts that when the StinkRays jump over your boat and leave smelly gases on deck (think an airplane crop dusting) the Fumigation Pump could cleanse the area & whoever is on the boat of the bad smell.

However For WALANI who is on a Surfboard and can’t place a fumigation pump on her Surfboard, the smelly gasses of being crop dusted by stink ray could do things like impair vision, or give her sanity drain etc..

Some people say Woodlegs wouldn’t fit into DST.. and I don’t agree with that because there’s already message in a bottle/treasure maps & Sunken chests…

The TL:DR- if the DLC character does not fit into the current version of DST, then shape the game around the thought of adding them.

I would throw every dollar to my name at Klei’s feet if they did this (which isn’t much.. but still!)

Now the rest of this thread will be reserved for coming up with cool and creative ways to add the remaining DS DLC characters into the game as playable characters, while making them fun and unique to play as.

Please only post genuine sincere ideas, don’t say “Wheeler should have a fighter jet”

Come up with clever ways to add these remaining characters into dst while keeping most of why people play as them in tact.

Example: Maybe Wheeler can use the Navigadget in DST to help locate the rest of something she has socketed in the Navigadget that is underwater..?

Or Perhaps the Pewmatic Horn could gain some new functionality in addition to being a projectile shooter, perhaps it can also be a horn? Used to scare away mobs like the new teased sea monkey thieves? OR Perhaps she can socket Shell Bells into the Pewmatic to create unique sounds with various effects.. such as- Soothing Angry Trees/Enraged Dfly etc…

The possibilities for these characters are quite literally infinite and limitless, and yes the new monkey teaser has me very hopeful Wilbur is coming to DST.

Why shouldn’t he?!

On 6/2/2022 at 5:38 PM, Mike23Ua said:

But what if it extended beyond just that? What if say Walani was added to the game along with a new ocean mob that only annoyed/interacted with her? For example.. what if Shipwrecked StinkRays we’re added into the game and alongside them the Boats got a “Fumigation Pump” upgrade for boat masts that when the StinkRays jump over your boat and leave smelly gases on deck (think an airplane crop dusting) the Fumigation Pump could cleanse the area & whoever is on the boat of the bad smell.

Okay now I have time to respond.

I found this very creative.

About adding characters, without the game being adapted so they can stand out is not a problem.

Wut was added when crops didn't grow in winter and fish were weightless so she carried dead pets in her inventory.

If klei do it again they won't repeat what they did to wurt again.

Of all the characters Woodlegs has the most laid-back atmosphere, not that that's a reason he shouldn't be added.

And despite not having both legs, he doesn't look like a survivor.

For he is very excited about everything around him for a human.

But now that I thought of him. He could get a "hit free" to any mobs, except those that attack from a distance or Charlie.

(like Winona with Charlie).

Like a mob attacks him and can only bite the wooden leg. while he escapes, (like he barely became food).

Like a gecko that drops its tail, he could drop one leg and jump with the other leg.

Until you take your other leg or create a new leg with a log.

He could also use one of his legs as a paddle.

Create legs with driftwood so as not to suffer loss of sanity on dry land.

Create faster legs with bones.

And create a leg that shoots but needs to be filled with gunpowder and takes time to load and fire.

Archived