I was trying to create a system that lets me output exact amounts of liquid to payload launcher. This is what I have so far.

1342583324_Screenshot(77).thumb.png.c39b824638f5617094c4f3f9ead4386d.png

I can output the (sum of the 2 counters +1) x meter valve value but there's something very annoying things with this.

Everytime it starts it outputs a 2000 g of liquid from the overflow. The overflow is important because i don't it messing up the system if I decide to shoot a different liquid.

536802975_Screenshot(78).thumb.png.7b73f3afb2673a30e8f800dec1710b93.png

How can i stop this from happening?

Sounds like the flow meter may not pass full 10kg packets when it first senses a liquid, which means there is no way to improve the logic.

Depending on how often you switch liquids, I would place a liquid shutoff valve on the overflow line (or simply use the automation to control the vent, assuming it is not far). You would only activate the shutoff to drain your feed line of the old liquid, before closing and adding a new liquid. Repeated uses with one liquid would just back up at the liquid meter until next request.

Can you provide some use case? How much liquid you want to measure? for how many launchers? They have just 1200 kg limit, so two counters looks like overkill. Without understanding of task, it is hard to provide meaningful solution

So far, you can remove shutoff. Create an overflow loop, so overflow packets come again to meter, before new liquid. On two segments of pipe before meter put sensor-not-vent to drop any packets except selected on sensor

On 5/31/2022 at 5:49 AM, Prince Mandor said:

Can you provide some use case? How much liquid you want to measure? for how many launchers? They have just 1200 kg limit, so two counters looks like overkill. Without understanding of task, it is hard to provide meaningful solution

So far, you can remove shutoff. Create an overflow loop, so overflow packets come again to meter, before new liquid. On two segments of pipe before meter put sensor-not-vent to drop any packets except selected on sensor

I want to be able to rapidly change liquids, like say fire 200kg super-coolant to one asteroid and then say 200kg petroleum to another. I also want the flexibility to fire upto 20,000 kg of nuclear waste (to create natural tiles) to other planets. I know it would just be easier to ship it with rockets but I have so much rads and I wanted to try different things. Hence the 2 counters which only allow me to count upto 19 (if I want to count odd numbers).

Overflow loop is a great idea! I'll try that.

On 6/5/2022 at 12:08 AM, whodunit said:

I want to be able to rapidly change liquids

How? Possibly it will be good idea to manage overfill pipe in same way you manage liquid selection? So, overfilled supercoolant go back into supercoolant pool? Also, entire pipes of this liquid must be somehow emptied.

Isn't it a way simpler to copy five such schemes for five liquids?

Archived