[Suggestion] Ways To Attract More Gnarwail

Strident Trident is actually such a good weapon, it's the ocean version of dark sword.

What's more, it's versatile. You can use it to mine salt formations and boulders, to kill cookie cutter remotely, to push items towards you, to fish ocean fish, and of course, relocation bull kelps.

Strident Trident has a key component, Gnarwail Horns. Gnarwail horns are not hard to get once you find a gnarwail. But it's very painful to find one

Because I think Strident Trident should be a common and popular utility tool & weapon, gnarwail horn should be more commonly available, and it should be much easier to find gnarwails.

To increase the chance of finding gnarwail, here is my suggestion:

1. It should have 50% chance to attract a new gnarwail to blow gnarwail horns at a school of deep ocean fish.

2. It should have 40% chance to attract a new gnarwail to play Strident Tridents at  a school of deep ocean fish.

3. It should have 25% chance to attract a new gnarwail to play Beefalo horns near a school of deep ocean fish.

Obviously, there should be conditions as mentioned above:

1. Must be a deep ocean fish school.

2. Must already have a horn.

11 minutes ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

Ocean prevents houndwaves. What if it summoned sharks or gnarwail

Gnarwails aren't hostile, it doesn't make sense for them to go after survivors.

And for sharks, please no, they are a pain in the butt to fight. Maybe smaller variant of shark? Like the sea hounds in shipwrecked for example.

1 minute ago, Spino43 said:

Gnarwails aren't hostile, it doesn't make sense for them to go after survivors.

And for sharks, please no, they are a pain in the butt to fight. Maybe smaller variant of shark? Like the sea hounds in shipwrecked for example.

I always attack everything on sight. I didn't even realize they're not hostile. They always try horning my boat. Didn't realize I'm just a bully oh my :wilson_cry:

2 hours ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

Ocean prevents houndwaves. What if it summoned sharks or gnarwail

Sailing prevents hound waves because they would be impossible to fight off in that tiny platform. Replacing them with a bunch of other mobs that would be impossible to fight off on the platform would make zero sense.

But, in regards to those particular two mobs: Gnarwail are neutral and can be befriended (which makes them as dangerous as when they are hostile, go figure). And Rockjaws are meant to be annoyances rather than actual fights, hence their ridiculous attacks and aggro loss mechanic. Not to mention, Rockjaws are not immune to each other's AoE, so a bunch of Rockjaws on a boat would kill each other.

38 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Sailing prevents hound waves because they would be impossible to fight off in that tiny platform. Replacing them with a bunch of other mobs that would be impossible to fight off on the platform would make zero sense.

My mans why are you acting like the waterlogged biome doesn't make you fight Spiders on a platform, or while gathering salt cookie cutters don't swarm your boat. Or that you use your boat to fight crab king or malbatross. Your "reason is just your opinion and not an actual reasoning. I get why actual hound waves don't occur on the boat. Hence why I suggested some aquatic life. The caves have their own worm waves, the boat shouldn't be any different.

Also there are sharks, and gnarwail, and seaweeds, etc. There are tons of on boat combats. Even the crazy shadows. 

A boat wave attack can be viable. Even if it isn't gnarwails or the sharks as we know it. I'll admit perhaps those were a lousy suggestion. I know this thread was about making the horn more obtainable because the trident is sweet. That's why I suggested it.

Archived