Jump to content

Animal&Plant Hybrid Appreciation


Recommended Posts

I just really like the animal-plant hybrids in DST, and I wanna appreciate them here. 

My favourite is the depth worms, despite the fact that they are among top three reasons of death when I'm in caves. It's so cool with all these scales, and it GLOWS. If it were in real life I bet ppl would try to tame it and make it a pet with more colours and variations, like the beta fish. 

Another is the fallounder, because he looks like he's got no idea of where or why he is. ("You will have to sea it to beleaf it"-------Wilson)

Spoiler

 

OIP-C.B21x-aZsngP62-9hkFhvdgAAAA.jpeg.fa95864524957eeba77a28aac37cad0e.jpeg

 

 

Another is the sea weed. It's beautiful, large and useful and with an evil look. I always want to plant it near my base, but it's quite impossible.

And the lureplant of course, looks like the ghost of many Deerclops staring right into your soul. 

And the glow bug in the underground moon biome, it's bouncy, and round and cute. 

There are many more like everything related to the "Moon" , but these are my favourite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love grass gekkos and gators. I wish I had better control over the spawning of the former and that they were a little less skittish about players, but otherwise they're weird and silly and I like putting them together in pens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Treeguards. They look so cool and I'd really want to ride one to battle as my trusty steed. Imagine just sitting on the shoulders of a gigantic walking tree, instantly showing you're superior in every way to your enemy and making them forfeit the battle immediately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

I love grass gekkos and gators. I wish I had better control over the spawning of the former and that they were a little less skittish about players, but otherwise they're weird and silly and I like putting them together in pens.

I have the feeling that grass gekkos make a lot of sense, as if they should have existed in reality. 

4 minutes ago, SomebodyRandom said:

I love Treeguards. They look so cool and I'd really want to ride one to battle as my trusty steed. Imagine just sitting on the shoulders of a gigantic walking tree, instantly showing you're superior in every way to your enemy and making them forfeit the battle immediately. 

Only Hobbits can ride them, I guess8-)

6 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Saladmanders are my favorite.

Part amphibian and part tasty fruit and so cute too.

They have such a funny way of communicating with each other 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

I love grass gekkos and gators. I wish I had better control over the spawning of the former and that they were a little less skittish about players, but otherwise they're weird and silly and I like putting them together in pens.

Grass Gators are my favorite. I hope one day we can tame other animals and ride them Instead of beefs. A Koalaphant or Gator or water beef would be dope 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blunty_x said:

. I hope one day we can tame other animals and ride them Instead of beefs.

I would give everything to the D-fly if she's tameable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Riding a Koalefant or a Varg would be awesome.

I discovered Leafy Meat the other day. Free meat every 2 days except for winter, can be made into Jelly Salad for 50 sanity or used as the morsel in Bacon and Eggs. As a Webber main you get endless Monster Meat, so having the last requirement for bacon and eggs literally grow on trees is awesome. Never again will these bulbs be collecting dust in my chests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, EighteenXVIII said:

I discovered Leafy Meat the other day. Free meat every 2 days except for winter, can be made into Jelly Salad for 50 sanity or used as the morsel in Bacon and Eggs. As a Webber main you get endless Monster Meat, so having the last requirement for bacon and eggs literally grow on trees is awesome. Never again will these bulbs be collecting dust in my chests.

For the longest time it couldn't be used in the crock pot so its value was nice but not great, but once they made that possible and added the related recipes it became really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...