Store priority overriding everything else for one dupe only

So my researcher/operator dupe is running around storing stuff (priority 25.5), when other tasks in his list have FAR higher priority (eg generate power 48.5)... any ideas?

edit: I've turned off every mod except for the two the game crashes without - better air filters and rest for the weary and retested. Same. Also tested disallowing store and supply for him and he still does it?!

Actually, other dupes won't generate power either. I'll delete the generator and rebuild, see what happens. Nope. No good. Got me stuffed. The dupe with store and supply disallowed has store tasks in his priority list showing up with 5.5 priority and won't do anything else with FAR FAR higher priority.

Just a wild guess ... some store activities are not considered supply/tidy tasks (like refilling a critter feeder or the electric grill).

My suggestion - if you haven't tried, but from the looks of it you did - is to have a look at the priorities menu (shortcut key: 'L') and increase the base priority of research/machine operating for that dupe.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, sirloxley said:

Just a wild guess ... some store activities are not considered supply/tidy tasks (like refilling a critter feeder or the electric grill).

My suggestion - if you haven't tried, but from the looks of it you did - is to have a look at the priorities menu (shortcut key: 'L') and increase the base priority of research/machine operating for that dupe.

Hi. Yes, I've tried disallowing dupes from doing store/supply and setting operate to high and the individual generator to priority 8 or 9. The dupes with the tasks disallowed are still doing them instead of tasks that show up in their list with far higher priority. eg: they're doing tasks that show up with 5.5 weight instead of 48.5 weight (the higher the number the earlier in their to do list it is, usually).

Okay, turns out the jobs that were showing up as store in his to do list were actually tidy jobs and the dupe had high tidy priority as well as high operate. Turned down tidy and he started generating. Still something wrong here, because the compactors and tidy tasks all had far lower priority than the wheel, so he still should be generating first with high tidy priority.

1 hour ago, Codedependent said:

Still something wrong here, because the compactors and tidy tasks all had far lower priority than the wheel, so he still should be generating first with high tidy priority.

If I’m not mistaken, the tidy priority is set by the sweep errand’s priority and the storage compactor priority then determines where the swept materials get stored.

So a sweep at 5 will store debris in a compactor at 3 even if there’s a generator at 4 available.

Makes sense, but the sweeps were at 5 and the generator was at 8 or 9 and he still wouldn't do it (he would do it at !!/yellow alert though). He had highest priority set on tidy, research and operate, so the generator should have taken precedence... unless it comes under a different priority... I thought it was operate - it comes up as operate in the tasks list - like the sweep jobs coming up as store, not tidy.

2 hours ago, Codedependent said:

yellow

If a dupe isn't doing something during yellow alert that means it's blocked somehow. Click on the errands tab on the building and check if anything shows up- there should be the priority of dupes if they can reach and use it. If the dupes can't use it, it should be written there. If it doesn't show up at all, you might want to remake the building. 

It will also show you what sort of errand it is (operating, machinery, cooking, etc) 

He did do it on yellow. I deleted and remade the wheel, no fix. I read the task type in the dupe's to do list, it says operate for the wheel, but it also said store for jobs that I've since worked out are TIDY, not store. The fix was to lower the dupe's tidy priority - somehow the dupe's tidy priority catapulted tidy jobs to the top of his task list despite him having the same operate & research priority set and the wheel being set to 3-4 priority points higher than the tidy jobs.

Archived