Info & feedback on new critters

1 hour ago, OxCD said:

A full ranch to get max output from it needs prince management. Otherwise you may often (or always) end up with more than one prince (which is unproductive), or no prince at all (which will lead to an only prince egg generation => unproductive again).

If you just want the ranch to survive, then I guess it's not necessary to sort eggs. If you want always the max slime output, you'll need 5 pufts and 1 prince at any time.

? I don't quite understand. if you keep the two types of pufts seperated from eachother then they'll produce eggs of eachother. So all you need to do is have one ranch full of basic pufts and a tiny ranch of a few princes to keep the other going and they'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Primalflower said:

? I don't quite understand. if you keep the two types of pufts seperated from eachother then they'll produce eggs of eachother. So all you need to do is have one ranch full of basic pufts and a tiny ranch of a few princes to keep the other going and they'll be fine.

True indeed. I must admit I've never seen the ranching for slime that way.

Ranching methods I use for pufts were dictated by squeaky puft, as most of the time when I setup the first, the second follow next. So it's not the same story.

But in that case, it seems you clearly light me up in a design I've never thought about !

5 hours ago, OxCD said:

A full ranch to get max output from it needs prince management. Otherwise you may often (or always) end up with more than one prince (which is unproductive), or no prince at all (which will lead to an only prince egg generation => unproductive again).

If you just want the ranch to survive, then I guess it's not necessary to sort eggs. If you want always the max slime output, you'll need 5 pufts and 1 prince at any time.

put only pufts in a ranch, only prince puft eggs out.  put only prince pufts in, only regular puft eggs out.  put pufts with a prince puft, mix 50/50 dense/squeaky puft eggs

for only slime, have a 'breeder' prince puft ranch and a bunch of regular puft ranches for production.  if you mix them you get, in this case, unwanted squeaky/dense pufts.  i'd feed the prince puft ranch chlorine or oxygen cause polluted oxygen is a little more expensive for a 10% output.  you don't have to sort eggs at all, the ranches will lay the opposite eggs 100% of the time if homogeneous

Archived