Improve the loot of sunken chests

The loot of sunken chests is quite underwhelming considering the amount of time and effort it requires to look for them: Crafting a boat is expensive enough already, and chests usually tend to appear on the other side of the map further extending your travel time.

I think they should have much higher chances of getting better items from it (high tier gems, thulecite, gears, pick/axe, thul armor) and specially they should increase the chance of getting walking canes, so people who joined late or were not lucky enough with mactusk still have a chance to get one throughout the year if they work for it.

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

and chests usually tend to appear on the other side of the map further extending your travel time.

I like dst’s dropoff into the abyss map edge but for gameplay reasons i wish DST had SW’s misty warping edges… This aspect of sailing in dst is so annoying. 

You either spend a very long time sailing around the entire continent or u have to build boats on basically every big land branch… 

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

I like dst’s dropoff into the abyss map edge but for gameplay reasons...

I always thought those cut shadow hands that'd appear at the end of the DST ocean could be really cool for doing something like SW's foggy edges, perhaps removing the collision at the edge of the world, and the giant shadow hand grabs your boat when going over and plops it at the other side. (In the current cut form of the shadow hand, it would have just stopped you from going over the edge.)

Spoiler

shadowover.thumb.gif.a509afd2c5aaa2bbc31dd8eee157e07c.gif

If there's one niche thing/trend in video games that I really like, it's when they find unique/clever ways to block the player from going out of bounds, instead of just placing a boring invisible physics collision, and I really wish DST would return the idea of the shadow hand as a mechanic similar to the SW foggy edges.

And also, you can't tell me it wouldnt be sick as hell to finally see those giant shadow hands from the world gen screen finally in-game :D

Archived