The Last Legend of the King and the Caves

I know that we have inundated you a bit with requests to improve the wirth, but she really needs the latest update, please add an opportunity for the king of Merms to also influence the caves, this is really a necessary wurt, I'm sure the whole forum will agree with me. For her, this change will be the "cherry on the cake", that is, the perfect completion of a long, painstaking and wonderful work on wurt♡Iegdk7LwIgE.thumb.jpg.1204ea5367c4cd0f88b783c9b0323a08.jpg

The surface and the caves are two separate servers, The only way this would work is if the king that is on the surface gave Wurt an inventory slot item she can carry into a cave with her..

(Beefalo Bell and Beefalo) Some items don’t transfer between caves and surface (Chester & Star-Sky) 

I don’t think your king on the surface should effect you underground- and I’ve always just made two different kings (one on the surface, one under ground) knowing that the Surface and the Caves are two separate game servers.

Since this is a thread about the king however: I would like to express one of the things I was hoping would be patched with him, Before you elect a king all Merms are hostile towards other players/things that attack, when you do elect a king your naturally aggressive kingdom becomes peaceful.

This is stupid, ESPECIALLY since they recently buffed the duration of the clever disguise…

What I would LOVE to be able to do is elect a king then walk up to and interact with them similar to Soothe/Rile Abigail.. 

So Wurt has full control over when her otherwise aggressive kingdom without a king elected, decides they want to be non-hostile the moment you elect a king.

Defensive/Offensive toggle.

Thats all I want as someone who frequently plays Wurt to make this the best Wurt update ever.

39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The surface and the caves are two separate servers, The only way this would work is if the king that is on the surface gave Wurt an inventory slot item she can carry into a cave with her..

(Beefalo Bell and Beefalo) Some items don’t transfer between caves and surface (Chester & Star-Sky) 

I don’t think your king on the surface should effect you underground- and I’ve always just made two different kings (one on the surface, one under ground) knowing that the Surface and the Caves are two separate game servers.

I don't think you are completely right, despite the fact that these are separate servers, there are things that intersect between worlds, for example,
the rockfall ant, also with the help of mods, as far as I remember, you can transfer the king's buff to caves. + buddy, considering they've increased the king's hunger, taking the buff to the caves makes more sense than ever before. (Sorry if my English is quite broken)

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What I would LOVE to be able to do is elect a king then walk up to and interact with them similar to Soothe/Rile Abigail.. 

It's a good idea to have a switch!, but for some reason it seems to me more difficult than with Abigail

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Since this is a thread about the king however: I would like to express one of the things I was hoping would be patched with him, Before you elect a king all Merms are hostile towards other players/things that attack, when you do elect a king your naturally aggressive kingdom becomes peaceful.

This is stupid, ESPECIALLY since they recently buffed the duration of the clever disguise…

So Wurt has full control over when her otherwise aggressive kingdom without a king elected, decides they want to be non-hostile the moment you elect a king.

Defensive/Offensive toggle.

Thats all I want as someone who frequently plays Wurt to make this the best Wurt update ever.

king making merms neutral is my favorite perk he gives 

6 hours ago, skile said:

king making merms neutral is my favorite perk he gives 

Why? I’ve used an army of Merms to single handedly wipe out both Deerclops and the Eye of Terror..

You can’t do that when they’re Neutral. As soon as Deerclops pretty much steps foot in my swap he is immediately met with a bunch of angry Swamp Residents that don’t like trespassers.

That “Perk” you speak of is why I often choose NOT to bother building the Royal Tapestry.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why? I’ve used an army of Merms to single handedly wipe out both Deerclops and the Eye of Terror..

You can’t do that when they’re Neutral. As soon as Deerclops pretty much steps foot in my swap he is immediately met with a bunch of angry Swamp Residents that don’t like trespassers.

That “Perk” you speak of is why I often choose NOT to bother building the Royal Tapestry.

because i like playing with people, and this makes using merms more comfortable.

+ with how cheap it is to mass befriend guards in the beta it's just more convinent to use them for such stuff once you made enough now (at least for me) 

i wouldn't mind it if they made it so merms are not neutral to monsters though (except Webber and Wortox), would probably be a nice change. 

6 hours ago, skile said:

because i like playing with people, and this makes using merms more comfortable.

+ with how cheap it is to mass befriend guards in the beta it's just more convinent to use them for such stuff once you made enough now (at least for me) 

i wouldn't mind it if they made it so merms are not neutral to monsters though (except Webber and Wortox), would probably be a nice change. 

One of the reasons I even unlocked Wurt is she was a good character to base on your own out somewhere away from other players if your playing PvP or if you just don’t like/trust people.. I could build a massive highly guarded kingdom and the only people getting in.. would be the ones who I trusted enough to give clever disguises to.

It allowed for a nomadic playstyle where my spoils of war would be mostly safe from griefers: Anyone who could get remotely close to my base that wasn’t also a Wurt either died.. or they had to be a VERY determined griefer.

And making the Merm King automatically take that playstyle away from me the moment I elect one.. feels like taking part of the reason I bought the character completely away from me.

The Clever Disguises allow people you want in to enter, while they keep OUT the ones you don’t want in your area.. Once you elect a King.. what good are the clever disguises anymore?

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

One of the reasons I even unlocked Wurt is she was a good character to base on your own out somewhere away from other players if your playing PvP or if you just don’t like/trust people.. I could build a massive highly guarded kingdom and the only people getting in.. would be the ones who I trusted enough to give clever disguises to.

It allowed for a nomadic playstyle where my spoils of war would be mostly safe from griefers: Anyone who could get remotely close to my base that wasn’t also a Wurt either died.. or they had to be a VERY determined griefer.

And making the Merm King automatically take that playstyle away from me the moment I elect one.. feels like taking part of the reason I bought the character completely away from me.

The Clever Disguises allow people you want in to enter, while they keep OUT the ones you don’t want in your area.. Once you elect a King.. what good are the clever disguises anymore?

welp, tastes differ i guess.

(btw clever disguises now can be used to avoid frog rain, which is pretty handy in some cases) 

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Isn't dst a game with friends? in a good way, you need to first distribute the masks of lies in front of the king so that they are not killed. and then stupidly just tame them. You have an interesting strategy, but it looks like you're playing rp, I understand that there are people who play on dedicated servers, but isn't it easier to play at home with friends so as not to think about griefers?

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Isn't dst a game with friends? in a good way, you need to first distribute the masks of lies in front of the king so that they are not killed. and then stupidly just tame them. You have an interesting strategy, but it looks like you're playing rp, I understand that there are people who play on dedicated servers, but isn't it easier to play at home with friends so as not to think about griefers?

The games official product description even warns you that not everyone you meet is going to be friendly, “strike out on your own or take your chances with strangers online” 

And Klei shouldn’t try and make everything about teamwork and cooperation, which is why I liked playing Wurt with a hostile legion of followers. (And can let those I trust into her kingdom)

The Merm king however once crowned for some reason turns them all neutral..

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The games official product description even warns you that not everyone you meet is going to be friendly, “strike out on your own or take your chances with strangers online” 

And Klei shouldn’t try and make everything about teamwork and cooperation, which is why I liked playing Wurt with a hostile legion of followers. (And can let those I trust into her kingdom)

The Merm king however once crowned for some reason turns them all neutral..

That's a strategy that I've thought about in the past but still it has some flaws. As you said the merm king make all the merms neutral, which sucks because the loyal merm guards are weaker than a normal merm without a king, there's also the fact that other wurt players can walk in an out of your territory (but then again nobody mains wurt except me and 2 guys). And last but not least a guy could just walk in at daytime and smash the houses and kill the merms one by one.
(I'm not a native english speaker so feel free to point out any gramar mistake.)

2 minutes ago, Rainteke said:

That's a strategy that I've thought about in the past but still it has some flaws. As you said the merm king make all the merms neutral, which sucks because the loyal merm guards are weaker than a normal merm without a king, there's also the fact that other wurt players could walk in an out of your territory (but then again nobody mains wurt except me and 2 guys). And last but not least a guy could just walk in at daytime and smash the houses and kill the merms one by one.
(I'm not a native english speaker so feel free to point out any gramar mistake.)

the last one isn't really an option as merms from huts built by Wurt never go into the huts again once they're out. 

Archived