Suggestions on rover launcher

Hello!

I have built a simple co2 rocket only for launching rovers in the home planet, because haha robot empire it reliefs a lot of duplicant labour, but right now i have to do all the launches manually.

I am aware that there is a automation port in the launchpad to begin launch sequence, but it is worth nothing because i still have to both reset the destination and deploy the rover manually every time

any tips to reduce the micromanaging of the process?

2 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

There is a round-trip button next to your destination platform dropdown menu. But I don't know if the rover will be dropped when you reach the orbit. Rocket platform automation seems to be buggy so I don't try them for a long time.

i've tried that once, but the rocket just went into the orbiting tile and immediatly landed. i suppose it work for mining asteroid fields?

4 hours ago, VouMorrer said:

i've tried that once, but the rocket just went into the orbiting tile and immediatly landed. i suppose it work for mining asteroid fields?

Yes, and it also works when landing on another asteroid. I managed to land on far away asteroids, refuel and fly back. But I've done them manually. Never though about dropping rovers on main asteroid so no good advises here. Sorry mate.

1 hour ago, DolphinWing said:

Yes, and it also works when landing on another asteroid. I managed to land on far away asteroids, refuel and fly back. But I've done them manually. Never though about dropping rovers on main asteroid so no good advises here. Sorry mate.

no problem, thanks for the help!

11 minutes ago, babba said:

In terms of rovers - I would find it great if we could permanently run robots in our colonies. Robots fitted with rechargeable batteries :p

indeed, it doesnt sound very intuitive to use a rocket to launch rover in you own planet. haha

i've seen that there is a mod that recharges roves using liquid combustible, but i believe the rocket's co2 expense to be cheaper

3 hours ago, babba said:

In terms of rovers - I would find it great if we could permanently run robots in our colonies. Robots fitted with rechargeable batteries :p

There is a mod that allows you to refuel rovers with petroleum at a recharging station. Rovers can't build anything beyond basic tech though nor operate things, so you're sadly stuck with biological robot minions as gravitas intended. ( ie. dupes )

Archived