Chat option?

Yeah, chat is almost necessary for DST and was really disappointed to find that it wasn’t possible. Would be nice if you could chat using a smart phone like you could with Animal Crossing. Already have DST on PC & when I eventually get my Steam Deck, I probably don’t need to bother with the Switch version anymore, especially if it’s missing this crucial feature.

Ooh, no chat is a dealbreaker for me. Even using the switch app fpr chatting like animal crossing does isnt really that great of a solution for pubs as i imagine no one would really go through the trouble to do it

I just bought it on switch hoping to be able to chat like the PC ver. Instantly regret it. I don't have any friend on switch that play DST. So I was hoping I could befriend someone in game and tried to survive together for a few days. So this game without chat is really like playing together with NPC. No wonder the game already have a big discount after release. I don't even feel like playing this game anymore.

Archived