[Game Update] - 242

Don't Starve Together Patch 2.42 - 04/05/2022 (PlayStation 4)

Crafting Menu Changes:

• Pins are now saved on your profile instead of for each world.
  • Added a page system for the pin bar.
    • The number of pages can be configured with "Crafting Pin Pages" in the Advanced Settings menu.
    • Use D-Pad left and right to toggle pages.
    • Note: Existing pin configurations will be reset to default.
  • Pinned recipes can now have their skins changed.
    • Using D-Pad left and right while the menu is open.
    • Pressing Circle on an empty pin slot will also set the pin.
  • The skins selection now loops so you will no longer have to cycle back through the skins if you went the wrong way.
  • The inventory bar selection now loops if you tap the right-stick at the end slots (holding the direction will not loop, stopping at the end).
  • Added sensitivity settings for the crafting menu and inventory bar navigation in the Advanced Settings menu.
    • Partially vs fully holding the analog stick in a direction will now affect the speed.
    • The default setting for Inventory Sensitivity matches the current speed.        
  • All crafts will attempt to choose items with the smallest stack size. Item priority is:
    • All open containers except backpacks first.
      •  If stack counts are the same, it will choose items closer to the bottom of the container.
    • Your inventory is next.
      • If stack counts are the same, it will choose items closest to the left side of your inventory.
    • If equipped, your backpack is next.
      • If stack counts are the same, it will choose items closest to the left side.
  • Filters will now indicate if there are pre-built structures.
  • Fixed a bug preventing changing pin bar pages while the crafting menu is open.
  • Fixed a bug where the prototype indicator on filters would not be displayed.
  • Lavae will no longer be targetable to attack when frozen.
  • Varglets will summon hounds correctly now.
  • Restored the Bird Trap to require prototyping at the science machine.
  • Fixed a crash and duplication bugs while a beefalo is despawning with its bonded owner.
  • Fixed a crash when loading a world with pending hound spawns.
  • Fixed a crash when haunting a Varg.
  • Fixed a crash when going to the caves while hounds are about to arrive.
  • Fixed fireflies being able to be caught in the day time.
  • Fixed a rare client loading crash.
  • Fixed character overrides like Wurt's warpaint not applying after resurrection.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

5 hours ago, JanH said:
  • The inventory bar selection now loops if you tap the right-stick at the end slots (holding the direction will not loop, stopping at the end).
  • Added sensitivity settings for the crafting menu and inventory bar navigation in the Advanced Settings menu.

:O

Well, at least for me now the new UI and the whole March Update is completed. Thank you so so much for hearing us and for adding these to the game, the crafting menu feels waaaay good now! And adding the sensitivity to the inventory too is like cheery on top of the cake. Much respect :love_heart:.

Hmm, though I have a small question, just to make things clear, the loop thing for the inventory, does it include the backpack inventory too? or just the player? I hope it was meant to be for both because now it works for the player inventory only.

One thing I would change Pressing LT moves you to the Pinned tab instead of opening the full crafting Menu, I am so not a fan of needing to use the analog stick to access this Menu.. (pressing LT opens the entire UI instead of just moving you to the Pins Tab) having to move the analog stick left to right until your actually highlighting the Pinned Tab is just soooo so painfully SLOW this is extra especially noticeable when you Press LT and enter the full Crafting UI but THEN still have to scroll all the way through the Full UI to the Pinned Tab just so you can change the SKIN of the item on your Pinned Tab..

I actually had to read TWO different developer patch notes whilst my game was paused so I could interact with my games UI Menu as I READ how I’m supposed to Interact with it…

If Simplicity & less complication was the GOAL of the UI change: Then having to read developer patch notes to understand how to USE it should speak volumes in of itself.…

I hate giving Klei a hard time when I know they’ve worked hard on this, they added loading screen/menu tips: BUT what they probably need to add most- Is In Game Patch Notes/a link in the game that takes you to the patch notes/ a In Game Video Tutorial that shows players how to use and Interact with the NEW Ui..

Case in point- Unless you’ve actually READ the patch notes: then if you move your analog stick to the pinned tab & to the new tab pages spot (yes the game actually has a spot you can highlight for changing the page..) then your little cursor ends up getting LOST with these little D-pad prompts (to change the page..) but like I said anyone who DOES NOT Read the patch notes aren’t going to Understand what just happened or how to change skins in the pinned Tab etc…

The TL:DR it could probably use an in game instruction guide on how to navigate the new Menu’s & change skins now.

It also feels as I said painfully slower on a console controller: because you have to navigate through the Full UI menu and STOP when you’ve highlighted the Pinned Area while in the Full UI Menu to get the prompt to change the SKIN of the items you’ve pinned.

How I fell it Should Work- LT moves you to Pinned tab, LT While in Pinned Tab opens the full UI, LT while in the Full UI moves you instantly to the Pinned Tab section of the Full UI (so you can change skins without needing to scroll through the UI Menu & stop when you highlight this section) and Circle/B will instantly close any area & put you back into the game.

It cuts out a lot of the scrolling through the UI to allow you to change Pinned Skins faster.

I was playing earlier and I thought to myself: sure all the new categories may help newer players find X for Y Occasion- but.. to actually navigate through this new UI Menu it’s actually SLOWER then the Old UI…

I then made a slight chuckle to myself because I remembered how fast and easy it used to be to bulk craft things like winter hats/spears.. and while yes the new menu will show a noob “this is for fighting” or “this is to help you not freeze your bottom off in Winter”  Unless pinned.. It’s also slower to scroll to and craft those things- so we technically traded quicker crafting of things we need for a newer players ease of understanding the things they need to craft but still dying anyway because of how much slower it is to craft them. :lol:

I want to “like” the New UI but it still feels like it could use more tweaks as the months/updates go by.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1