DST spin-off   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like DST spin-off

1 hour ago, Waoling said:

I just want a DST spin-off, I truly want to know what it would look like to go beyond the artstyle the gameplay the aesthetic but still feel like DST.

There are plenty other story-driven games, survival games, games with a similar combat system and general gameplay as it currently stands. There are also the Forge and Gorge events of which mods have been made out of that you can check out.

Reading what you elaborated on, that would probably also ruin what little artistic integrity this franchise has left. The fact it's technically a franchise is already kind of sad. I think it's just general practice to better make something new from an idea than something that already exists in some form as otherwise franchising tends to ruin things that came before it for a multitude of reasons.

17 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

Snip

I just want a DST spin-off, if it is good and still follows the story I couldn't care less about artistic integrity.

Why do care so much about artistic integrity anyway?

2 hours ago, Waoling said:

I just want a DST spin-off, if it is good and still follows the story I couldn't care less about artistic integrity.

Why do care so much about artistic integrity anyway?

It's what makes a game unique and recognizable. If you associate something with something specific, it's best left alone. The deeper you go down into spin-offs and things like that the less widespread it will be, especially when suggested by word of mouth. Many people who have played DST probably don't even realize that there have been 2 versions of the game for a very long time for example, now a third technically. Even more people will think there is only one game and that's pretty much it.

58 minutes ago, ZombieDupe said:

It's what makes a game unique and recognizable. If you associate something with something specific

Games and other entertainment media can have spin-offs, sequels, and prequels, without losing their artistic integrity, also what makes you think having spin-offs and other stuff would make things less unique and recognizable?.

1 hour ago, ZombieDupe said:

The deeper you go down into spin-offs and things like that the less widespread it will be,

Why is that? I disagree game having a spin-off could richer the experience of the main game by exploring character relationships, the lore, and the world, sometimes the spin-off is even more popular than the game making the main game more mainstream.

22 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

On the one hand, I’d like a win condition, on the other hand, forge becomes insufferable when people have the audacity to tell me what to do.

Last memory I have of playing re-forged there was a Wilson player who spent a majority of the game typing rather than fighting.  In between rounds my friend and I would tell him to please be quiet and focus on fighting.  Long story short he took offense and wouldn't stop complaining and ordering people around the whole game.

I once made a suggestion to Wurt but I had put so many ideas in the thread that I decided to remove almost everything.

It was about running a Merm realm.

You choose a king but the king you choose may not be a good-natured one.

Then you need to assemble a Merm sect to conspire against the king, and either murder him in his sleep or poison him.

Direct attacks would be too risky.

And if their king was good, another sect would constantly try to kill him.

There would be fishermen, farmers, merchants, and a private cook for the king.

And there would be a platform to take the king to another place.

The unoccupied royal tapestry could be rolled up and spread out elsewhere.

Four Merms would carry the platform.

And then they would tour the world protecting the king along the way and visiting Merm colonies.

Archived