New Balloon Idea for Wes (Ideally for April Fools)

With April Fools coming up, no doubt Wes will be the center of attention. Whether it be for just another "update" that doesn't actually do anything or an actual addition to the game, I figured I'd throw this idea out there in case the devs decide to do something.

New Balloon: Pressurized Balloon
"Hold on tightly to this, or else it might slip through your fingers"

• Costs 5 sanity and requires the Pile O' Balloons to be in the inventory
  • Is a balloon that is not tied, and is held at the drip point (hole in the balloon)
  • Can be used on a mob or small area, much like Wolfgang throwing dumbbells.
  • Upon use, the balloon will be "thrown" by the user, causing the balloon to expel air and fly around in little fart circles for a bit before striking the targeted area and disappearing
  • Any creature hit by the balloon will take 5 damage and aggro onto the player who released the balloon
  • Once crafted, the balloon MUST be held in the player's hand slot or mouse. Putting it in your inventory/on the ground will cause the balloon to take off in a random direction and disappear, dealing 5 damage to the player upon takeoff. This makes it impossible to give to other players and will just damage the Wes upon attempting to do so.
  • It has infinite durability, but every 5 seconds it has a 10% chance of slipping out of the player's hands and acting as if the player put it on the ground

image.png.1a8569df88771d06e41f67af6ffadf94.png

image.png.caf276e0d0563e8d4274771dee4084a7.png

Much like a majority of Wes's kit, it only has a few pretty niche uses. Its low damage makes it not a way to kill birds for food, and can only really be used for drawing aggro. When paired with his speedy balloon, it could allow him to distract mobs that are in a big group and run them around a bit while the team can focus on a smaller amount. It also allows him to do things like get the aggro from Dfly and run back to the team safely before she can catch up to him.

Let me know what you think of this balloon idea.

Dude if I saw a Wes walk up towards a koalephant, do the craft animation, hold this balloon, then send it flying off in circles only to eventually strike the koalephant which instantly started charging at Wes I would lose it. This is the funniest suggestion I remember reading.

I think I would prefer the balloon sword from the scrapped concept art, it would be entirely useless in a fight unless..

”Enchanted” by Maxwell to actually be powerful.

similar to how we see Maxwell boost Wolfgang’s muscle strength in Wolfgang’s animated short.

A couple thoughts:

This probably goes without saying, but in case it wasn't clear, if the Wes crafts it while having something in his mouse and hand slot already, it will just damage him and take off.

This would also add a bit more validity to balloon traps as it gives Wes an easy way to pop his balloons from a safe distance. Still not terribly useful, but that can be said about essentially all of Wes's kit

Archived