I stumbled over Don't Starve on Steam, my feedback

I just registered to share my feedback and send a huge(!!) thank you to the creators of that game.

Oh my god, this game..is..I am speechless XD no really.. its wonderful, its art, fun and so lovely designed.

First i saw it.. i thought hmm okay, it looks strange.. but then after reading some things about it on this webside.. i just bought it. And after 5 min of gameplay.. I'm exploded XD ITS FANTASTIC, i love this game!

All the sounds and characters and items, all these possibilities. And its just the alpha version!!

I know it sounds nerdy and exaggerated, but i just wanna thank you Klei Entertainment for this wonderful gift!

Always when it gets dark and i need to make a fire, i'm "sitting" there and listen to this wonderful sound of nature.

A master piece of an indie game! Thank you very much!

After many hours of gaming, i have some suggestions.

I think, all of those are already in this forum but it would be great if they will be in the game:

- More of your fantastic music and environment sound <3

- Multiplayer, one player more and i would be (more!) happy

- I little bit better fitting "voice" for the characters. I dont want the realy voice, i mean who wants to hear again and again the same sentence, but the voices could be a little bit... better ^^

- Caves, Dungeons to mine or just farm some different stone and stuff :> (I know its 2.5D view) but you could make things like underground layers in the same perspective and so on hehe just as a example.

- Just tiny RPG Items and Stuff.. chairs, tent to sleep, little lamps and decoration stuff would be great :D

- More more more... i know, you do a hard job. I wish i could help you :rolleyes: hm i can? :D

Hehe i mean, this game goes in the right direction and I'm curious what awaits us in the future.

Thank you guys for reading and i wish you the best!

Lovely wishes

Seerox

Ps: You has meat? *oink* :D

Hehe fully agreed, it is very easy to fall in love with the game. It has a unique setting and vibe you cant find anywhere else and the gameplay is very addictive. On your suggestions, I agree with all of them besides the multiplayer, I somehow enjoy being the sole human in a unknown world full of strange things. The other sugeestion have been suggested before, but we basically just need lots more of everything:p.

Also yes, a fitting mouse cursor in the theme of the game would be fun, the current one takes away from being in the Dont Starve world.

Hmm i think if they can create such a good game, then they can also create a custom cursor ;)

They just need some time, i'm looking forward!

I have also some other ideas, we have "just" tings to eat. How would it be if we have also some things to drink? I mean there could be water,potions or soups and it should have the same effect like eat stuff. Sometimes it could also have some funny effects if you drink some...not clean water...like from swamp. So there would be 2 new machines, a brew machine and a kind of water cleaner hehe ore something. That means also that you can find some sea or rivers or gain it from new plants, flowers or herbals.

I have so many ideas for that game..it is just great :D

And @501105

Yes i agree, multiplayer isn't always good, like in skyrim because it could harm at the "lonely survivor in the wilderness" feeling but just one more player for funny time together sometimes could be also great :)

Have a great time!

More of your fantastic music and environment sound <3

Hard to disagree with that suggestion. :)

Multiplayer, one player more and i would be (more!) happy

As with 501105, I tell everyone "I prefer my solitude". Also Klei recognizes that multiplayer is a whole other kettle of fish, or simply, it's a lot of work so they decided to focus on the single player game instead. In the future this may change, but for now expect the rest of the BETA to be only single player.

I little bit better fitting "voice" for the characters. I dont want the realy voice, i mean who wants to hear again and again the same sentence, but the voices could be a little bit... better ^^

Are you asking for new voices... or dialog? Voices, or the sing-song voices, they use are just fine. At least IMHO. As for dialog... it's okay for the time being. I've seen lots of game repeat dialog, so I'm immune to it. Besides, when they do say something it's usually interesting and I don't mind re-reading it.

Caves, Dungeons to mine or just farm some different stone and stuff :> (I know its 2.5D view) but you could make things like underground layers in the same perspective and so on hehe just as a example.

Everyone loves the underground. I really should just copy & paste all my ideas and repost them... but the short answer is, I agree it would be a great addition and I really hope they include underground caverns at some stage in development. That being said, more veteran forum members suggested there may be a technical reason why KLei cannot include underground areas. I hope that's not the case.

I'm not sure we need "dungeons", but others have suggested ancient ruins. I like the idea, but doubly so if the ruins were given a Cthulhu-esque twist, to go along with the dark atmosphere.

Just tiny RPG Items and Stuff.. chairs, tent to sleep, little lamps and decoration stuff would be great

There are tents... but no chairs. Imagine... trapped in the wilderness, dying of hunger, very little light from your fire... and no chair. I don't know, maybe we could do without them? :p

Hmm i think if they can create such a good game, then they can also create a custom cursor

Meh. It doesn't bother me.

How would it be if we have also some things to drink? I mean there could be water,potions or soups and it should have the same effect like eat stuff. Sometimes it could also have some funny effects if you drink some...not clean water...like from swamp.

Not too long ago Kevin hinted at a new gauge that would exist alongside hunger and health. There were lots of guesses, but my first guess was "Thirst". A while back I played a game on my Nintendo DS called "Lost in Blue", an island survival game. The player had fatigue, hunger, and thirst gauges to maintain. So I think that could work here too. But as you point out, right now there are only three sources of water: ocean, swamps, and ponds. Obviously only one of those sources is any good.

On a side note, I'm against potions. In another thread we discussed the idea of creating potions, but my only budge on the topic was to say I wouldn't be entirely against them if they were not "fantastical" and they were instead called tonics or draughts.

So there would be 2 new machines, a brew machine and a kind of water cleaner hehe ore something. That means also that you can find some sea or rivers or gain it from new plants, flowers or herbals.

Not sure about the need for machines. What I would like to see is the inclusion of streams and rivers, in addition to ponds, as sources of water. Then players would need waterskins to carry water with them, or they can simply drink straight from the source, if they happen to be there.

My first biggest complaint was the no custom mouse cursor. After a while though I don't even notice it and wonder if a cursor theme might end up blending in the world and being hard to see. In any case mouse speed over all.

Indeed. Mouse speed is the more important factor.