Why?? Why do I need to fight some highly annoying boss to renewable bee hives?

Why does everything in this game need to be locked behind fighting a boss?? -_-

Instead: Bee Hives & Swamp Tentacles need to be updated to be more like Spider Nests..

Aka: A spider roams around for a bit then builds a nest, that nest grows over time.

Fun fact: if all the bees in a world dies you can still sometimes have them randomly spawn out of a tumbleweed..

Same with Spiders- except spiders will actually wander off to create a new nest and repopulate: Something Bees do in Real Life but don’t do in the game…

Instead of needing to fight a boss.. i would much rather they just renew themselves over time like Spiders already do.

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why?? Why do I need to fight some highly annoying boss to renewable bee hives?

because it has irl sense and adds more uses to royal jelly because right now the only real use is to make taffy and jelly beans, being the last ones an item that can be hard to waste for how much you get and adds the challenge of neeeding to kill a boss for a decorative item

bees can already be obtained via pearl island and you get many honeycombs by killing beequeen and deconstructing her crown but this suggestion isnt about the survival aspect of the game

also for me and many other beequeen is a very fun boss

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Same with Spiders- except spiders will actually wander off to create a new nest and repopulate: Something Bees do in Real Life but don’t do in the game…

spiderqueens, another boss, creates new nests, spiders dont. Bees in real life do it if when the previous queen is killed by their own workers and only the queens create a new hive, they cant be queens if they werent fed with royal jelly in their larvaee phase because the royal jelly which affects on how they develop their bodies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_jelly

Spoiler

Epigenetic effects[edit]

The honey bee queens and workers represent one of the most striking examples of environmentally controlled phenotypic polymorphism. Even if two larvae had identical DNA, one raised to be a worker, the other a queen, the two adults would be strongly differentiated across a wide range of characteristics including anatomical and physiological differences, longevity, and reproductive capacity.[10] Queens constitute the female sexual caste and have large active ovaries, whereas female workers have only rudimentary, inactive ovaries and are functionally sterile. The queen–worker developmental divide is controlled epigenetically by differential feeding with royal jelly; this appears to be due specifically to the protein royalactin. A female larva destined to become a queen is fed large quantities of royal jelly; this triggers a cascade of molecular events resulting in development of a queen.[3] It has been shown that this phenomenon is mediated by an epigenetic modification of DNA known as CpG methylation.[11] Silencing the expression of an enzyme that methylates DNA in newly hatched larvae led to a royal jelly-like effect on the larval developmental trajectory; the majority of individuals with reduced DNA methylation levels emerged as queens with fully developed ovaries. This finding suggests that DNA methylation in honey bees allows the expression of epigenetic information to be differentially altered by nutritional input.[12]

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Aka: A spider roams around for a bit then builds a nest, that nest grows over time.

Instead of needing to fight a boss.. i would much rather they just renew themselves over time like Spiders already do.

As far as I know, this is only behavior of the Spider Queen, not single spiders.

Archived