Chest should have a socket for mini-sign

The problem it tries to solve.

I think it's very annoying that in order to perfect plant the mini signs, you have to use geometric placement to perfect. This is the only way the mini sign can be viewed in all directions without being blocked.

Now if you wanna make signs for chests on boat, it's nearly impossible to perfectly do it, because the boat moves and the geometric placement mod misaligns.

Solution proposed

It think chests should have a socket for mini-sign, give it right click action or whatever.

Or alternatively, allow mini-sign to be planted exactly where the chests' coordinates are, like just making it snap to that coordinate.

Edit: clarification: a socket is like "moonlens" to accept gems, or like glowcap to accept spore and other light sources. A chest with a socket is to allow chests to have a designated place to accept mini sign, which can later be removed or replaced.

I enjoy building with mini signs, so I don't think they should outright be removed, however I have an idea to propose. What about a Magic Crafting Tab related Chest? It will show an image of the Top Left item on the front of the chest. Maybe the recipe is Planks, A Living Black Bird, and a Papyrus? Or something similar.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:36 AM, Bones Junior said:

I enjoy building with mini signs, so I don't think they should outright be removed, however I have an idea to propose. What about a Magic Crafting Tab related Chest? It will show an image of the Top Left item on the front of the chest. Maybe the recipe is Planks, A Living Black Bird, and a Papyrus? Or something similar.

i don't think mini signs should be removed, either.

A socket works like moonlense, or glowcap (which can store spore and other stuff). A chest with a socket for mini sign is like allowing chest to have a dedicated spot for mini sign so that there is no need for the unnecessary complicated process.

Archived