How'd you utilize the Water planetoid?

Wish we could lay a 10 tile thick fire hose from the water colony over to the real colony :congratulatory:

We need thicker pipes, bigger pumps and 500K power wires dear Papa Klei Smurf, plus insulated doors :ghost::cheerful:

Also possible monster size resource spawns on asteroids, which pop out 10 times more resources to refill everything the players have already sucked away. They could be made somehow dangerous, like having crazy greek god guards dancing around them...Which throw lightning bolts at nearby dupes. :bee: Zapppp Zapppp, bzzzzzzzzzzz !

14 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Last time I just compressed it down and put a dupe caretaker on it. Never actually needed the water. But your use is certainly a valid one.

I like to spend the resources I find, even though I could design systems to use less water than I get from renewables, this way seems realistic to me.

What do you mean by compressed it though?

13 hours ago, Primalflower said:

the water planet always seemed like the one most ripe for vanity. I want to make a little duplicant resort there.

That's a great idea, I always wanted to just churn out all recreational buildings in one place to make a theme park for the dupes.

13 hours ago, Jann5s said:

Four full rows of bristle blossoms and a cook 

Wow, did you use those to feed the tree? That's certainly what I could do if I see that it's just not getting spent

12 hours ago, ddoc said:

strip mined than left the water :P 

YOU HEATHEN, WATER IS HOLY :O

16 minutes ago, Unfawkable said:

I like to spend the resources I find, even though I could design systems to use less water than I get from renewables, this way seems realistic to me.

What do you mean by compressed it though?

I put a door-compressor at the bottom and just let it run.

Archived