Farm Soil For All Plants (QoL)

Farm soil turfs created by Garden Digamajig now has nutrient values (growth formula, manure, and compost). However, they only interact with farm plants / seeds. I think a QoL update should let farm soil interact more plants.

Edit: clarification: planting berries, grass tufts, and sapling without plowing on farm soil tiles benefits plants planted.

Some brain storm ideas

1. maybe allow farm soil to hold nutrients for grass tufts, saplings, and berry bushes to absorb, instead of fertilizer withered plants on regular turfs.

2. maybe allow farm soil to hold water for those plants in summer so that they can stay hydrated without the help of ice-flingomatic

3. maybe allow plants berry, grass and twig to ripe faster on well fertilized farm soils (for example, with all 3 nutrient and enough moist)

4. maybe allow replanted plants to be fertilized in groups, rather than individually

5. maybe allow well fertilized grass tufts to remain grass tufts forever (without turning into geckos)

6. maybe allow lureplants to be tamed on farm soil (so it doesn't grow eyes everywhere)

7. maybe allow mushroom planter to wither slower with well fertilized farm soil.

8. maybe allow farm soil to automatically eat manure or compost left on the ground (bucket of poop excluded).

9. maybe allow bees to pollinate flowers and grow new flowers on farm soil.

10. maybe allow knowbly tree nut to grow on the farm soil (kidding)

11. maybe friendly fruit fly can do more?

Why would this be a good idea?

1. it gives Garden Digamajig, watering can and compost bin more use. (people who do not farm at all miss out this part of game)

2. it makes fertilization more convenient.

3. it provides more alternatives to various aspects of the game.

4. it gives a good use for massive amount of excess manure and rot.

5. it would make sense.

Hello, I like all discussion about farming, but I am confused by some of your points.

43 minutes ago, goatt said:

1. maybe allow farm soil to hold nutrients for grass tufts, saplings, and berry bushes to absorb, instead of fertilizer withered plants on regular turfs.

Not sure to understand this one, I like to use hexagonal mode for my crops. So i have 10 plants and I could use the 16 placement. But i know that diversity in farming is good so having sapling or turf in middle of my crops could provide advantage (faster growing, water retention)

2. maybe allow farm soil to hold water for those plants in summer so that they can stay hydrated without the help of ice-flingomatic

As far as I know, ice flingo does not provide water, it only repair withered plants.

3. maybe allow plants to ripe faster on well fertilized farm soils (for example, with all 3 nutrient and enough moist)

they already grow faster with lower stress (good nutrient, water)…

4. maybe allow replanted plants to be fertilized in groups, rather than individually

You don’t fertilize plant but the tile. So it is already a group.

5. maybe allow well fertilized grass tufts to remain grass tufts forever (without turning into geckos)

interesting.

6. maybe allow lureplants to be tamed on farm soil (so it doesn't grow eyes everywhere)

you can already prevent eyes with some specific turf (sand, rock, some other)

7. maybe allow mushroom planter to wither slower with well fertilized farm soil.

Mushroom grow in planter so not directly on the ground. Do you mean the natural mushroom?

8. maybe allow farm soil to automatically eat manure or compost left on the ground (bucket of poop excluded).

Or have a nutrient dispenser. Something expensive but it would worth the money. Winona could build this.

9. maybe allow bees to pollinate flowers and grow new flowers on farm soil.

i would love that but it would be OP. One farm bring both veggies and flower for bees (so more honey). But I could come with a cost: 4 farm crop count for 1 flower. So having 4 tiles would be enough for a bee to do the 6 flower cycle but it would take more time. Also, the bee would have to remain friendly in spring. All that being said, it is still less efficient than the friendly fruit fly. Unless you play with a Wendy and Abi kills the fly… again…

Archived