Why do people keep complaining about crafting tabs?

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then you should reread some comments suggesting to put the items in the clssic tabs...

I've never seen anyone say that. Everyone here is talking about the items themselves for various reasons instead of the tab.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

I've never seen anyone say that. Everyone here is talking about the items themselves for various reasons instead of the tab.

10 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

Fighting. Walter's slingshot rounds would go into fighting. As would Wigfrid's songs, because all of them can only be used in combat and serve for combat.

As for new-player confusion, would they not see it from just scrolling through the item tabs? Frankly you could apply that argument to a lot of items

59 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

People don't dislike the tabs, they dislike what's in them. Most character reworks add craftables and maybe a meter, that's what people complain about.

But honestly I think most mentions of it are just a joke pointing out how many there are.

Thats sort of my point though, the complaint about tabs just sounds like they want the items moved, instead people should specifically complain about the mechanics like they have with Wolfgang's dumbell, who also honestly shouldn't of gotten a tab so I think it's fair to complain about the tab sometimes but it is way too overhated.

1 hour ago, abrocator said:

Having a dedicated crafting tab vs. just putting it in magic/fight etc. makes no difference to me.

So the only potential problem is the degree to which characters have unique crafts.

One of the reasons why the game has them in my opinion is that the controls for this game is so anemic.  There are few ways for Wendy to interact with Abigail without using one of her items.

Another likely reason is to force players to work for stuff.  So even if Wendy could for example heal-buff Abigail using the controls only (not through a craft) they probably wouldn’t let that be possible.

But that’s an interesting question: could Wendy work the same way without her special crafts (excepting the craft for the flower)? Is that possible?

Wendy actually deals slightly more damage than the average character when with Abigail, so I'd say yeah, even if Abby dies you can still beat the bosses.

Archived