Plant Meat

the saturn critter trap is at its most productive when it is growing, as it burps out hydrogen frequently enough to be a considerable free power source, especially coupled with beetas.

However, I could totally agree to some kind of cooked variant of the plant meat, perhaps simply grilling would suffice.

That thing produces meat super slow on it`s own (how many cycles does it take for a wild plant to grow/digest? 120 or something?). In a low tech colony it`s not a reliable source of food but when it pops it`s a nice boost that is`t too bad quality either.

Processing it is something you`d be rather doing in an advanced base, where you can use fertilizer and keep feeding them fresh hatches (still if you just want the hydrogen you`d better off just wild planting it via pip). In a proper farm you`d probably want a 4-5 quality recipie from it so it should be a gas range thing maybe alnog with some under utilized ingredients like eggs.

To be honest, wouldn't plant meat be the same as spoiled food?

I have no idea why anyone would try to imitate in looks and taste something that it is clearly not. Case in point a veggie burger, even the name was frankly offensive to me until I happened to eat at a burger place just around the corner from where I live, and their vegan burger option did not have a terrible meat imitation patty but rather chips (you'd call them french fries probably) dripped with vinegar and grilled and smoked capsicum (bell peppers) with fresh ground pepper, and when I say fresh ground I don't mean freshly ground, I mean actual fresh peppercorns that have never been dried that are ground in a mortar. Now that's how you make a vegan or vegetarian burger option. It's delicious, and I must admit that during the lockdowns in recent times I've probably had my fair share of them.

21 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I have no idea why anyone would try to imitate in looks and taste something that it is clearly not.

We are talking about sci-fi genetically modfied space xeno-plants. I wouldn`t count out the possibility that the plant is made out actual meat like having actual muscle tissues instead of regular plant ones. For all we know it might be an animal/plant hybrid that produces meat as crop.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:08 AM, Sasza22 said:

For all we know it might be an animal/plant hybrid that produces meat as crop.

Apply logic please, if it was an animal/plant hybrid it wouldn't be a "veggie" burger now would it? It would just be a burger.

On 1/24/2022 at 3:55 AM, Saturnus said:

Apply logic please, if it was an animal/plant hybrid it wouldn't be a "veggie" burger now would it? It would just be a burger.

its coming from what is absolutely a plant, even if its very sci-fi, yes, it would be a veggie burger.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:32 PM, Primalflower said:

its coming from what is absolutely a plant, even if its very sci-fi, yes, it would be a veggie burger.

I`m not vegan or vegetarian, but I fully support the cause ! :razz:

Once I took a girlfriend to a Chinese and ordered a duck, I was too simple minded and did not understand what Vegan meant...saying to her "You want no duck? Tastes great! Munch munch".

Like in "The Office" or "Anchorman", humans are a parody of themself. Like this guy lamenting about all these stories...

image.png.db2a00307d4004ffe15f226917750a22.png Playing ONI is mandatory, but fun image.thumb.png.d130d37ce476c12af8069ea9f478cb82.png

On 1/21/2022 at 5:34 AM, Vraimorte said:

I was wondering if there was any way to cook or otherewise process plant meat? Shouldn't you be able to make it into a "Veggie Burger"? Seems like an oversight.

Thanks, Morty

+1000.gifrunning unicorn.gifimage.png.661dc9735c814419b20573f38eba1794.png

Hmmm... apparently I'm alone here, not that give a damn, but the Saturn Critter Trap just reminds me of the Worlds largest flower, the Corpse Flower. But instead of just giving off a stench of rotten flesh like the real flower, it actually produces a small amount of rotten flesh, called plant meat. Totally unsuited for consumption naturally but it'll lure in critters.

Before blooming

Screen-Shot-2018-10-11-at-11.45.54-AM-630x351.png

Blooming

image.jpeg.bbd24cf688b074930fea2096c20e22f1.jpeg

@Saturnus Thats awesome ! I wanted to give you 5 emojis at once...I had to instantly think of the Alien movies :lol: I know a sculptor who worked with crazy Giger, he used to swear and moan a lot about him. The top flower photo has this kind of streamlined organic design, looking dangerously sleek. It goes back to Dune artwork - We need sand worms in the game, on the spice planet.

Dupes could be swallowed by sand worms and spat out in a "fun cute way" after some time. :congratulatory:

Archived