Chest Area Design

hi there guys,

working on my megabase chest area but been really struggling with ideas on layouts and how many chests i need an stuff, id like to make use of both scaled and normal chests... having trouble with catorgorizing as well

do you guys store weapons an armour in chests? or do you even stockpile it?

any help would be appreciated. show me some of your chest builds too if you want id love to see what other people do

cheers guys

Spydainteractive

It's really troublesome to store equipment items in the box. The best solution is to throw them directly on the ground, arrange them in order, right-click + shift, and discard them. For example, make 10 helmets and throw them in the same position, and then continue to throw 10 in adjacent positions, and so on. When using, it's neat and convenient to take and use at any time, and although the equipment items are combustible, they won't spontaneous combustion, so don't worry about discarding them

6 hours ago, lv746591263 said:

It's really troublesome to store equipment items in the box. The best solution is to throw them directly on the ground, arrange them in order, right-click + shift, and discard them. For example, make 10 helmets and throw them in the same position, and then continue to throw 10 in adjacent positions, and so on. When using, it's neat and convenient to take and use at any time, and although the equipment items are combustible, they won't spontaneous combustion, so don't worry about discarding them

After a while it causes lag though.

For storage I had a main area for basic materials, and smaller compartments as seen in the pics below for specific categories of items. In the first image, the compartment on the left is for rare items, and the one on the right for nautical related stuff. The single compartment in the photo is for food storage. In general I avoid storing multiple items in a single chest, except if said item is generally rare and I won’t ever get more than a stack of it. I store tools, weapons and wearables in ‘racks’. Essentially they’re walls that zigzag so stuff can be placed in between neatly. 

E37E9A4F-64A9-4068-B7A5-6C4EE38D07F4.png

F4F82219-D950-4F15-A5D1-7FC72FB852E3.png

Archived