bearger and deerclops should try to kill the player

when deerclops or bearger spawns and there isnt structures/food (even if there is food...bearger is so buggy) they just roam aimless until you find them which is anticlimatic, frustrating, time consuming (sometimes it takes a lot of time to find them), boring and might confuse new players since they will hear an enemy coming but they might not face them

these bosses should look after a player nearby if there isnt structures to destroy or food to eat.

Talking about food and bearger, sometimes bearger will ignore food near him and will just walk randomly which makes finding him even more difficult

i think is silly to see an small mammal looking for a giant abomination, it should be the opposite. Also having a giant bear that destroys everything, even certain non renewable resources or structures, missing because his AI is so dumb or buggy(he even ignores you with honey in your inventory...) is frustrating because you will waste time to find him to prevent any dissaster like loosing pig torches or beatiful and non renewable marble statues

last time bearger spawn in a world i was playing took me days to find him and was by cheating because the dumb bear went so far away into the opposite direction where was a lot of food(mushrooms, carrots, berries, other mobs, etc)  and didnt even come close to me while i had honey on me.No, he went 5 screens far ways from me in the direction of a very far away pig guards set piece in a barren savanna biome instead of the filled with food beequeen biome where i was when he finished his roars

First off apply a Mod to Bearger where it always attempts to murder you & then let me know how frustrating that gets when it never De-Aggro’s off of you giving you time to do things like: Heal, Warm up or Cool down your Thermal Stone, fight off an annoying hound wave in-Between, Roll your Clock back as Wanda, Whisper Commands into a Flower as Wendy, Stand still and pump Dumbells as Wolfgang, Stand still and do literally anything with reorganizing items in your inventory menu, fight off Sanity Monsters, pick up its loose fur tufts, use it for resource farming, etc etc etc..

These things eventually growing bored and walking away from me is what allows me time to heal up and recover in-between trying to kill it, I “Doubt” I would be able kill Bearger at all if it did not de-aggro & grow bored after a while of chasing me.

Plus it gives them a sense of being an actual animal with its own interests, if all they were designed to do was try to kill the player &/or cause widespread map destruction then they should be removed and replaced with environmental disasters like tornadoes or something.

I live in south Alabama we have an annual “Tornado Season” each year, and they are absolutely terrifying feats of Nature.

But Bearger? Naw he is just an oversized cute & fluffy TeddyBear :wilson_love:

(He’s also passive to the player unless attacked first, so you can literally walk right up under his feet and take photos of you & trying to give him bear hugs without him attempting to Murder you.)

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

First off apply a Mod to Bearger where it always attempts to murder you & then let me know how frustrating that gets when it never De-Aggro’s off of you

where i said that he shouldnt de-aggro you ever?

pd. his AI is buggy and this could happend already even if you leave honey in the floor

On 1/20/2022 at 1:45 AM, Mike23Ua said:

"First off apply a Mod to Bearger where it always attempts to murder you"

"pick up its loose fur tufts, use it for resource farming, etc etc etc.."

1. Rip Console users I guess. 

2. Picking up fur tufts is incredibly slow and tedious. Someone did the math on it and if you do everything perfectly with no distractions it takes  ~18.5 minutes on average, to collect 90. If you have to stop to regain sanity or fight anything, or recover stats or even have worse than average rng it will take even longer. (Personally, I still collect them just when I have space etc. I've played several worlds to several hundreds of days. I think I've only crafted the 3 thick fur perhaps once. You can use the construction amulet to really save you a ton of effort, but I digress)

I think a recipe change to require 30 fur tuft for 1 thick fur, and a slight AI fix on Bearger & Deerclops would be a welcome QOL change.

Archived