Issues with character specific items/structures

Regardless of whether or not you use the portal, I still think it would be nothing but a good thing to accentuate things like; a character being better at using their structures than other characters, while still allowing for the teamplay of other characters using their structures. I think Warly allowing other characters to use his crockpot, it functioning as a slightly better crockpot for others, while a means to access other recipes. Winona would benefit from a boost in her structures when she's using them, or near them. Even if the portal goes unchanged, having more teamplay, and having more things that sets apart characters that could benefit them would still be a good thing. The biggest changes that I can see happening is in regards to character specific structures and how they're used by the character that makes them, as well as others. 
Even characters like Wanda could benefit from other characters being able to use her watches, but to a much more limited degree. Other characters being able to use alarming watch with less damage, or less nightmare fuel efficiency would be a real interesting way to allow other characters to feel more included in her gameplay, rather than just parts of their own, with wanda just so happening to do things in the background. 

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It takes longer to gather the resources for and fully upgrade Pearls Hermit House, then it does to get and fully upgrade the Celestial Portal.. it even has 4 slots for crafting ingredients but only ever uses 2.

Switching characters is also much more powerful/useful than the guitar from Crab King or the celestial crown.  And I’m completely fine with that.

For that matter: bundling wrap is more useful than the celestial crown, and good Wendy players can beat Bee Queen before day 10.  And then they can switch to another character once the moon craft thingy appears lol

14 hours ago, abrocator said:

Balance with regards to or relative to what?

Indeed in regards to what. Perhaps related to most raid bosses, aka via a 20-days cool-down applied to Spawn Gate mechanics as well. Would mitigate, the stick part of stick-and-carrot punishment/con-reward/pro gaming's aspect, apparent "overuse" of gate relegating certain characters to a pick-and-swap position. Still it doesn't addresses those respective characters' position of low popularity due to tedious/not-fun mechanics, most notable examples being Winona and Warly. My take: both a 20-days cool-down on swaps plus low-popularity/tedious characters' buffs would be a good way of making players stick with a more diverse/wide spectrum of characters as opposed to the same mostly-Wigfrids&Wendies servers.

I don't see the point in adding a wait timer to changing characters at celestial portal.

8 days of in-game time is already coming to 1 hour real time.

It doesn't add anything, nor incentivies trying a new character aside from forcing it upon the player.

If people really wish to experiment with a character they can either.

1.Start a fresh world

Or

2.Switch at celestial portal on a old world and commit.

So what is the purpose?

Aside from punishing solo players with unnecessary wait time and highlighting the weaknesses or mundanity of certain characters.

30 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Still it doesn't addresses those respective characters' position of low popularity due to tedious/not-fun mechanics, 

The pick and swap problem is miniscule to the real issue and that's character pick rate.

4 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

I don't see the point in adding a wait timer to changing characters at celestial portal.

8 days of in-game time is already coming to 1 hour real time.

It doesn't add anything, nor incentivies trying a new character aside from forcing it upon the player.

If people really wish to experiment with a character they can either.

1.Start a fresh world

Or

2.Switch at celestial portal on a old world and commit.

So what is the purpose?

Aside from punishing solo players with unnecessary wait time and highlighting the weaknesses or mundanity of certain characters.

The pick and swap problem is miniscule to the real issue and that's character pick rate.

I don't believe anyone wrote the pick-and-swap issue is significant/glaring/huge. It is a problem, though, no matter of perceived importance. And, as stated: "Still it doesn't addresses those respective characters' position of low popularity due to tedious/not-fun mechanics, most notable examples being Winona and Warly."

As for Spawn Gate cool-down: is meant to underline the assumed consequences of one's pick. Even if characters with low pick rates (at moment of this post) are to be buffed in future, one should still need to experience said characters for a set-time as per consistency's sake. Except CC (that needs a hefty time investment in gathering materials for its subsequent fights), everything in game has a cool-down. This or Idol materials could be substantially increased (quantity and rarity-wise). But again: pointed aspects aren't primordial for topic at hand. KLei indeed should address in some capacity the character specific structures dilemma - since in Winona's or Wendy's case, all others can use them, while Wolf's or Warly's are useless for the rest in lack of Wolf/Warly players on server. Once more: is about consistency, or rather the lack of it.

I think the biggest thing about the portal is how many reasons there are to not continue playing one character over others while still making use of the characters items. 

Adding interesting mechanics to Winona and her structures would be another reason to continue playing the character

If Warly could get a bonus from his foods to a better degree than other characters, that would be a reason to continue playing him

The issue isn't with the portal itself imo, its with the characters themselves lacking incentives to continue playing them after you've gotten their benefits. Making the characters themselves better and more interesting should be the goal rather than making the portal worse.

On 1/12/2022 at 7:41 AM, Cloakingsumo198 said:

highlighting the weaknesses of certain characters.

This is the point, yes. They're supposed to be characters with ups and downs, not tools you freely switch between for whatever job you're doing. I just avoid the portal personally but can see why people want it nerfed.

Archived