Make Mushroom Planters roll for Spore release at harvest instead of automatically at max growth.

Currently when you innoculate a Mushroom Planter with a Spore and it reaches max growth (6 caps) it will have a 50% chance to release a spore.

Becauses spores die so fast it is very unlikely that the player will get the chance to catch these spores, especially because we are encouraged to build the planters in the caves so u cant really keep an eye on them in order to be present when they reach max growth. 

If they were to release at harvest then the player can reliably catch them in order to replant.

Hope that makes sense.

28 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why no both? i would love to suggestion to be added

So 50% for a spore at max growth and again at harvest? Sure! 

I just find im rarely there to catch the max growth ones before they die. Only when i build them in my base do i get to catch them regularly but then they cant be used for 15 days out of the year.. 

I think they could also just make it a 100% chance at harvest tbh... mushroom planters are already pricey to maintain with living logs. And making the journey to catch spores in the correct seasons (or have funcap) is also not effortless so it would be nice if u could just catch and replant forever once u get a spore.

Similar to what RWYS did with crops.

Having to feed a mush cap back to the planter feels so bad :crushed:

18 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

And they shouldn't spoil in winter

Tbh if it were up to me id go the other direction and make it so only winter crops (pumpkin, carrot, potato, asparagus) could grow in winter and stop the regrowth of cacti, stone fruits and figs during winter. 

I think seasonal differences like that make the game more interesting.

All crops growing in winter and no longer wilting in summer (crops should wilt if the soil is left dry for too long, summer crops being more resistant or immune to this) r my only gripes with rwys. 

18 hours ago, Ohan said:

Tbh if it were up to me id go the other direction and make it so only winter crops (pumpkin, carrot, potato, asparagus) could grow in winter and stop the regrowth of cacti, stone fruits and figs during winter. 

I think seasonal differences like that make the game more interesting.

All crops growing in winter and no longer wilting in summer (crops should wilt if the soil is left dry for too long, summer crops being more resistant or immune to this) r my only gripes with rwys. 

Except mushrooms are being grown in a planter and not in the ground. 

Mushrooms themselves don't actually spoil on the overworld come winter so I'm unsure why this happens with planters.

If we're talking about nerfing the planters, then I think it would make more sense for them to require water during winter due the moisture in the planters possibly freezing. However, I don't think they should be rendered completely useless 1/4 of the year, especially when huge forests of mushrooms can be found underground (it only hurts the planters and not the acquisition of mushrooms itself). There's also the fact that all it takes is a loading screen to continue to grow planter underground in winter. 

I always like it when players can intervene to make certain plants more useful, feels more realistic and interactive. A more complex solution I would love it if we could continue to grow in planters with the presence of a heat source. Growing planters around furnaces would make me feel like a mushroom connoisseuir. 

20 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

If we're talking about nerfing the planters

No no, i meant if it were up to me id bring most plants in line with current shroom planter function: no growth during winter. 

I want to see the shroom planter buffed as i explained in this post and my first comment. (Perpetual spore replanting) 

the way i make sense of the difference between planter vs overworld ground shrooms is that planter shrooms are completely exposed and cant burrow themselves into the ground like regular shrooms so the frost kills them.

But even regardless of that i think it makes the game more interesting if most plant growth is halted in winter. Rwys went ahead and added winter crops so theyre unavoidable now and im ok with kelp regrowing too but id like to see all other planty growth halted in winter.

But thats just my opinion and its obviously not shared by klei since cacti have been growing through winters since forever now lol and the newest additions (avocadoes and figs) do too... so in light of that it is weird that shroom planters dont but... *shrug* :crushed:

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

completely exposed and cant burrow themselves into the ground like regular shrooms so the frost kills them.

I never thought of that, you're right.

I'd still like for warmth from a furnace or star caller to keep them warm.

Maybe an electric blanket for my mushies. Poor mushies, they're cold.

:crushed:

On 1/1/2022 at 10:05 AM, Szczuku said:

Mushroom planters at full growth should produce spores every now and then, not just once

Yeah that could be nice too but ud have the same issue of having to be near it at the right time to catch the spores before they expire. 

Personally i think the most practically useful change would be to have a guaranteed spore release at max growth harvest. 

That way u can perpetually replant (as long as u have the living logs and bugnets) after uve made the effort to gather the initial spores. Similar to the new crop farming system. 

Archived