It's time for me to......

KXWl1

Retreat or leave. I have known Don't Starve for several years. I remember playing it began in 2014, in which time the game was still very popular, then Don't Starve Together appeared and destroyed everything (?) Of course, Don't Starve at that time has been updated at least once a year (it's really good to update for several years). After that, Klei continued to produce content DLCs, and my travel experience is very good (although Hamlet has many bugs. I don't mind. After all, this DLC is developed by only one company - Klei). When Hamlet was released in the final stage, they suggested us to play Don't Starve Together, which made me feel that they really decided to give up the whole stand-alone/single-player version (yes, including the mobile version / IOS version), and then they actively released bug fixes updates... for only a few months... Well, I can wait. The only thing we get in 2020 is the change of lightning system. Until now, there is still no update in 2021. Even one bug fix update or anything can be done, but the single-player developers disappear like human evaporation,  didn't respond to any single-player forum posts. On the contrary, Don't Starve Together is updated once a month. Well, well, I know some of you must say that the online version can make money through the skin. One DLC doesn't have a skin to make money easily, but what I want to say is that I love stand-alone Don't Starve deeply, and it hurts me deeply too. So it's time to get out of the game and do something really meaningful. I know my post is meaningless and doesn't say any meaningful words, so please forgive me. Before leaving, I have to say one last sentence: there are many ways to make money, but Klei didn't expect that more DLCs can be produced. DLCs can be divided into three types: large, medium and small. Hamlet/Shipwrecked/RoG belongs to large DLCs. Even if there are only a few items in a DLC, I will buy them, but it depends on whether Klei is willing to sell them. OK, bye! everybody! If this post can be seen by more people (even developers.... I'm dreaming......), I will be very happy!:chargrined::|:eagerness:

I feel the same way. Frankly it's depressing to play the game when you're constantly reminded of how little attention it, or us as players, get compared to DST, The devs just don't seem to care about Don't Starve or the people who play it anymore.

Yeah it is pretty terrible having DST get all the attention and DS being the treated like the underachieving older brother. I still have hope in my heart that Klei will one day just decide to retire DS after a few rounds of bug fixes, port over both shipwrecked and hamlet as alternative modes for DST, add some sort of authentic single-player that is identical to DS (no lag, sleep skips days, no chat/skins, scaled boss hp, world hop, classic RoG) and optionally drop the "Together" from DST so it's just Don't Starve but also with multiplayer. IDK maybe that's a little far fetched but clearly juggling 2 games is proving too taxingfor Klei so maybe if the single-player and multiplayer communities were merged into the same game the love could be spread more evenly and they wouldn't have to keep working on 2 games with different game engines + maybe adding skins to single player would create a little more cash flow (I would certainly pay if that meant they'd actually squash those dang bugs in DS)

Archived