Wolfgang rework is AWESOME (and it also sucks)

2 Wolfgang stories I though I'd share.

One happened on klei official. A Wolfgang was playing hermit style but came to society base for free crockpots. Apperanetly some guy was starving to death or somehting and freaked out seeing full belly Wolfgang. He demanded him to get kicked and even tho Wolfgang explained he only came here to use crockpots and the food is his - he still got kicked. 

Another one happened on some Russian streamer server. A Wolfgang who was playing there for 200+ days got banned for being always mighty and just chilling at base. Farm rework was fresh at the time and we had 5 ice boxes filled with veggies to the max since that's all people did those days. That didn't stopped some dumb kid from never shutting up about what a problem this Wolfgang is, and for some reason streamer listened. You have no idea how pissed I was because I couldn't even defend Wolfgang since I pretended to not speak Russian (long story why). 

I'm glad efficient wannabe noobs who watched some guides and think they are gurus now, wont have any word power against Wolfgang anymore. 

1 minute ago, Gi-Go said:

2 Wolfgang stories I though I'd share.

One happened on klei official. A Wolfgang was playing hermit style but came to society base for free crockpots. Apperanetly some guy was starving to death or somehting and freaked out seeing full belly Wolfgang. He demanded him to get kicked and even tho Wolfgang explained he only came here to use crockpots and the food is his - he still got kicked. 

Another one happened on some Russian streamer server. A Wolfgang who was playing there for 200+ days got banned for being always mighty and just chilling at base. Farm rework was fresh at the time and we had 5 ice boxes filled with veggies to the max since that's all people did these days. That didn't stopped some dumb kid from never shutting up about what a problem this Wolfgang is, and for some reason streamer listened. You have no idea how pissed I was because I couldn't even defend Wolfgang since I pretended to not speak Russian (long story why). 

I'm glad efficient wannabe noobs who watched some guides and think they are gurus now, wont have any word power against Wolfgang anymore. 

Yeah that first story sucks but i can understand the rage and paranoia people have about wolfgangs around their fridges and crockpots but thats a thing of the past with new wolfgang.

But why sit in base in mighty form? there is no logic in it, doesn't matter if there is food a plenty or not, there won't be iceboxes filled with food for much longer with that 2-3x hunger drain. Being kicked for the principle of wasting food and being a base leech, i can 100% understand that especially on a privately owned/non-klei official world.

15 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

But why sit in base in mighty form? there is no logic in it, doesn't matter if there is food a plenty or not, there won't be iceboxes filled with food for much longer with that 2-3x hunger drain. Being kicked for the principle of wasting food and being a base leech, i can 100% understand that especially on a privately owned/non-klei official world.

Because he already killed all bosses he wanted to kill and obtained all the eqipment and provision he wanted? I remind you he had 200 days there and was just chilling with his favorite streamer. If a player is good enough he can do whatever he wants even stay afk for days or waste stacks of gears to revive clockworks for his amusement. That's his deal. 

And the only person who cared was toxic as f. about it, and had no idea what he was saying, and undeniably was below 14 years of age (immature). He also had 180 days on the server and was loud enough while Wolfgang just silently laughed at him like a Chad which ultimately caused his demise. Loud people win I guess. 

Minmaxing is a common habit in this game and I'm against it. Waste stuff you feel the need or just want. It won't matter. 

5 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Because he already killed all bosses he wanted to kill and obtained all the eqipment and provision he wanted? I remind you he had 200 days there and was just chilling with his favorite streamer. If a player is good enough he can do whatever he wants even stay afk for days or waste stacks of gears to revive clockworks for his amusement. That's his deal. 

And the only person who cared was toxic as f. about it, and had no idea what he was saying, and undeniably was below 14 years of age (immature). He also had 180 days on the server and was loud enough while Wolfgang just silently laughed at him like a Chad which ultimately caused his demise. Loud people win I guess. 

Minmaxing is a common habit in this game and I'm against it. Waste stuff you feel the need or just want. It won't matter. 

Well obviously the streamer that owned the server doesn't agree with you since he kicked the wolfgang :wilson_ecstatic:

Blame the streamer for not getting all the info first not the kid for doing what kids do online.

1 minute ago, Gashzer said:

Well obviously the streamer that owned the server doesn't agree with you since he kicked the wolfgang :wilson_ecstatic:

Blame the streamer for not getting all the info first not the kid for doing what kids do online.

I only pretend to not speak Russian so I actually watched stream and knew POV of me, the kid, the Wolfgang and the streamer. 

He had no idea what Wolfgang was doing and only looked at chat and saw someone complain and believed this to be a huge problem. Streamer is also noob btw. 

I don't care who is at fault the point of those stories is that there is a harmful meme that Wolfgang eats your icebox and a lot of people take it seriously. So it's good that that's gone now.

4 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I only pretend to not speak Russian so I actually watched stream and knew POV of me, the kid, the Wolfgang and the streamer. 

He had no idea what Wolfgang was doing and only looked at chat and saw someone complain and believed this to be a huge problem. Streamer is also noob btw. 

I don't care who is at fault the point of those stories is that there is a harmful meme that Wolfgang eats your icebox and a lot of people take it seriously. So it's good that that's gone now.

Soooooooooooooo reworked wolfgang is an absolute win you're implying? I wholeheartedly agree if thats the case! Lol

8 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Soooooooooooooo reworked wolfgang is an absolute win you're implying? I wholeheartedly agree if thats the case! Lol

I think i stated what i think of Wolfgang rework in you know... original post? 

TLDR: if klei will return speed - it will be the best rework so far (for me anyways, since Wolfgang is in my top 5 favorites). If they won't - it will be the worst, as it will be the first rework to make character worse. 

2 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I think i stated what i think of Wolfgang rework in you know... original post? 

Yeah baited people saying you liked it, backstepped at the end and said its worse than wolfgangs current state, which just isn't true in my opinion and then posted it into the general forums first not beta forums to get more attention. Shame on you for your devious ways... haha 

Just now, Gashzer said:

Yeah baited people saying you liked it, backstepped at the end and said its worse than wolfgangs current state, which just isn't true in my opinion and then posted it into the general forums first not beta forums to get more attention. Shame on you for your devious ways... haha 

Teehee~

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

you only need 6 for a gym... oh god lads how are we ever gonna find 6 rocks.......

6 for a gym then 6 for a potter's wheel then 10 for the statues to place upon it. If you had actually read my comment instead of immediately going into this weird sarcastic dismissive thing you've got going you would have seen that I explicitly said over half a stack, and using advanced math you can see that 6 is not more than half of 40.

But, once again I repeat: 

What I'm wondering is what in the world makes you guys think food is so expensive, I see food turn to rot all the time and never have issues getting fed. Public servers frequently have so few rocks people can't even get thermals, but I don't remember starving on one.

It's not that rocks are this impossible to get thing, it's that relative to the nearly free food he used to consume and people used to complain about they are monumentally more expensive.

You're wasting rocks on thermals in a pub server? Winter hats have the same insulation

Thermal stones do the same thing easier since they don't take up a head slot. It's so weird how the people supporting the rework are so aggressive & uninformed, demanding that their specific way of playing the game is the only correct one. Almost like a certain somebody who I think is the reason people are so happy about Wolfgang getting nerfed. Strange.

But even if you don't want to use thermal stones, so what? The point remains that rocks on public servers are scarce unlike food. If anything is to be said about the drain he has on the team's resources it's that it's gone up a tremendous amount.

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

6 for a gym then 6 for a potter's wheel then 10 for the statues to place upon it.

You really don't need the potter's wheel, base level gym is more than enough for a good wolfgang experience (30secs at most to get full mightiness that lasts 20mins until wimpy) especially in pub servers if the rock supply is getting low as you say.

8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Thermal stones do the same thing easier since they don't take up a head slot.

I use thermal stones all the time but if the rock supply is getting low, better use a fairly decent alternative that can be massed produced for a full pub server rather than use all the rocks for thermals.

9 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It's so weird how the people supporting the rework are so aggressive & uninformed, demanding that their specific way of playing the game is the only correct one. Almost like a certain somebody who I think is the reason people are so happy about Wolfgang getting nerfed. Strange.

Sounds like you haven't even played the beta yet and you call me uninformed? Wolfgang hasn't been nerfed tho he's stronger than ever! Static 2x damage is insane for everything now, the prep has changed from cook loads of food and wait for the food to cook to gather rocks an play a mini game, both take the same amount of time but the mini game is more fun by miles.

18 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

You really don't need the potter's wheel, base level gym is more than enough for a good wolfgang experience (30secs at most to get full mightiness that lasts 20mins until wimpy) especially in pub servers if the rock supply is getting low as you say.

I use thermal stones all the time but if the rock supply is getting low, better use a fairly decent alternative that can be massed produced for a full pub server rather than use all the rocks for thermals.

Sounds like you haven't even played the beta yet and you call me uninformed? Wolfgang hasn't been nerfed tho he's stronger than ever! Static 2x damage is insane for everything now, the prep has changed from cook loads of food and wait for the food to cook to gather rocks an play a mini game, both take the same amount of time but the mini game is more fun by miles.

No

Ok, now serious just add more ways to add to the might meter before Wolfgang could just make a big farm to go mighty, or forage everywhere to go mighty, or he could commit genocide to go mighty. See he had 3 routes so add more ways aside from this boring gym equipment that doesn't particularly do anything different.

Let's not argue about irrelevant silly thing that is the whether or not gym is more expensive than food. Noone cares. Both are very cheap.

Rock are definetly and undeniably more valuable than food. But they are not treasure either. 

Some tips for gym discount include using glass if you found grotto, or using marble if you found statues. Smashing wheel when you done making statues and then making gym out of it. 

Tip to get your hands on thermal stone on public server: do properly damage. Smash campfires, smash buildings into pieces, make stone walls out of them and then smash those into even smaller pieces. Seems like grifering but all people are equal and if you aren't provided with rocks needed for your survival when you join old world, and the naturally formed ones are taken for making unnecessary buildings, you have fair right to do what you gotta do to survive. 

Of course I'm not saying go and wreck their base. Just say that you are freezing/overheating and want to get thermal stone as soon as possble. If they say they don't care or if they are ignoring you, feel free to smash. You need thermal stone more than they need 6th crockpot or a campfire next to a furnace and a star.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

6 for a gym then 6 for a potter's wheel then 10 for the statues to place upon it. If you had actually read my comment instead of immediately going into this weird sarcastic dismissive thing you've got going you would have seen that I explicitly said over half a stack, and using advanced math you can see that 6 is not more than half of 40.

But, once again I repeat: 

It's not that rocks are this impossible to get thing, it's that relative to the nearly free food he used to consume and people used to complain about they are monumentally more expensive.

Thermal stones do the same thing easier since they don't take up a head slot. It's so weird how the people supporting the rework are so aggressive & uninformed, demanding that their specific way of playing the game is the only correct one. Almost like a certain somebody who I think is the reason people are so happy about Wolfgang getting nerfed. Strange.

But even if you don't want to use thermal stones, so what? The point remains that rocks on public servers are scarce unlike food. If anything is to be said about the drain he has on the team's resources it's that it's gone up a tremendous amount.

You’re calling people uninformed and in the same breath complaining about gyms taking 10 rocks?

Giant crops (which last forever if waxed) are just as effective as boss statues, which could also be made out of marble or moon glass.  Marble is endlessly renewable and so are giant crops.

4 hours ago, Toros said:

You’re calling people uninformed and in the same breath complaining about gyms taking 10 rocks?

Giant crops (which last forever if waxed) are just as effective as boss statues, which could also be made out of marble or moon glass.  Marble is endlessly renewable and so are giant crops.

I've always assumed it's because usually it's competing for resources in a full lobby, graves fully robbed? now more hassle to find gems, living trees already chopped? Gotta spawn your own treeguard now. Looking for rocks on the surface but the rocks at the rocky biome are already mined, gotta go either find meteor area or go underground.  There's alot more variables in a live game going on, so alternatives are important.

4 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

I've always assumed it's because usually it's competing for resources in a full lobby, graves fully robbed? now more hassle to find gems, living trees already chopped? Gotta spawn your own treeguard now. Looking for rocks on the surface but the rocks at the rocky biome are already mined, gotta go either find meteor area or go underground.  There's alot more variables in a live game going on, so alternatives are important.

This is an misunderstanding of how the game works and all of its contents.. Living logs now drop from Mushgnomes a fairly easy to kill mob found in Lunar Grotto.

I actually prefer fighting them over fighting Treeguards.

Archived