Klei should make the old title screens collectable items

It'd be really cool if they added the old ones back as items. they're really well made and looks cool, and we do already have vignettes.

it could have the same spool cost as a vignette as it'd be a singleplayer item, and the player could get them for free as a bonus for playing when a new update comes out

for those who don't want to miss out on the new title screens when a new update comes out, maybe there could be an option to keep the new update screen for a set amount of time (like maybe about 5 days? this timer could start when a new player plays a new update for the first time, and not as soon as it starts.)

Honestly, the original title screens with their own custom themes deserve more love.

any opinions and ideas on this topic would be greatly appereciated!

Why should it cost spool? It should be free just because something's aesthetic doesn't mean they should monetize it... locking the chat profile pictures, emoticons, and loading screen backgrounds behind spools is already bad enough  :/

18 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because artists eats too 

the artists are already eating a lot through skins, dlc characters, and Tecent. they are literally so rich that they donated 1 million to blm before

but i dont really care as long as they dont mess with mods which allows me to use any screen i want. if you want to pay for what's essentially changing your desktop wallpaper then LMAO go ahead, imagine changing the wallpaper on your phone or pc cost 25 cents everytime LOL

5 minutes ago, . . . said:

the artists are already eating a lot through skins, dlc characters, and Tecent. they are literally so rich that they donated 1 million to blm before

but i dont really care as long as they dont mess with mods which allows me to use any screen i want. if you want to pay for what's essentially changing your desktop wallpaper then LMAO go ahead, imagine changing the wallpaper on your phone or pc cost 25 cents everytime LOL

spools are free... and it could cost few spools like the vignettes

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

spools are free... and it could cost few spools like the vignettes

that makes it even more pointless and makes them look even worse for locking it behind spools, especially when it was something that was free with every update before. I don't appreciate every aesthetic aspect of the game to be locked behind spools regardless how cheap the amount is.

Let companies like EA do that instead unless Klei wants to join them.

2 minutes ago, . . . said:

that makes it even more pointless and makes them look even worse for locking it behind spools, especially when it was something that was free with every update before. I don't appreciate every aesthetic aspect of the game to be locked behind spools regardless how cheap the amount is.

Let companies like EA do that instead unless Klei wants to join them.

dont get me wrong, if they give them for free i will take it

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

dont get me wrong, if they give them for free i will take it

ya, i just had to respond to

18 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because artists eats too 

because that was not a good (not that there is any good reason) reason for it to cost spools.

Since the artists which made the title screen backgrounds has already got paid hundreds or a thousand bucks or more (idk how bloated the price of art is now a days, seems really high) and klei as a company has a LOT of money. I'm sure they don't need to make every single aesthetic aspect of this game require spools to afford to feed their artists which are probably already getting paid really well for all the art they make.

imagine every new update wouldn't have a new title screen background or character refreshes didn't have a new title or the forge event didn't and instead it was always something generic and you have to pay spools to see the new one......................

19 hours ago, . . . said:

i mean isn't klei donating a million to blm just proof they spend their money well?

besides, my idea was for them to cost like 5 spools, just like the loading screen images (you can get like 5 by unraveling a common daily gift)

if you don't feel like you want to unravel a common daily reward for 5 free title screens, you do you, it's your preference but if klei were to lisiten to this they'd probably make it at least 5 spools.

1 hour ago, Moongo said:

i mean isn't klei donating a million to blm just proof they spend their money well?

donating doesn't prove anything other than you have extra money to spare.

1 hour ago, Moongo said:

my idea was for them to cost like 5 spools

them costing any amount of spool is dumb.

if they cost a high amount of spools then it's absurd. If they cost low amount then it's not only stupid but makes them look greedy for them to jump at every moment to lock some part of the game behind spools, especially when every single title screen since the first one ever was  F R E E.

14 hours ago, . . . said:

them costing any amount of spool is dumb.

if they cost a high amount of spools then it's absurd. If they cost low amount then it's not only stupid but makes them look greedy for them to jump at every moment to lock some part of the game behind spools, especially when every single title screen since the first one ever was  F R E E.

i mean if you don't agree with me it's fine, you do you man, but i doubt klei will give out a bunch steam items for free as soon as you boot up the game (except for the daily rewards and the new update bonuses you could get while opening title screens of course.)

13 hours ago, . . . said:

or that, instead of paying taxes, you donate wanna domate the amount ñ

also is bussiness, all the money klei wons didnt directly go to their pockets. You have to save money to pay broken systems, to invest in new games, hire eventual workers, etc

13 hours ago, Moongo said:

i doubt klei will give out a bunch steam items for free as soon as you boot up the game

In an ideal world they wouldn't even BE collectibles, they would literally just be something you can swap to with a setting for changing the title screen, but of course they won't do it when it seems all people here are eager for everything to be locked behind spools, smh.

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

or that, instead of paying taxes, you donate wanna domate the amount ñ

lmao I can't understand this bruh xD, but it doesn't matter let's not talk about this anymore cuz it's pointless

All I care about is Klei not freaking with precious mods which already allow to use any of the old title screens or even your own custom one because if they do that means war :mad-new:!!!!

Archived