"Exhaustion naps" ignore beds?

I recall dupes going to bed when near it and exhausted. Similar to how full bladder causes high priority toilet visit and starvation prioritizes food. It may have been very old news.

Nowadays they pretty much always just drop on the spot, no matter how close their beds are. I keep having to wake them up, because exhausted rest is ineffective and because they seem to rest to full rather than just enough till break.

Is the bed seeking mechanic broken or entirely absent?

On a side note, it would be nice if the exhausted breaks only lasted till 5% stamina or so, but not be "wakeable" before that. At the moment, the player is incentivized to tediously micro the dropping dupes, which is not fun.

26 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

I recall dupes going to bed when near it and exhausted.

I don't think it ever worked like that. At least not in the released Vanilla before DLC. I remember settings up beach chairs and dupes totally loving it and ignoring their sleep needs... resulting in dupes dropping exhausted all over the place the next cycle

I never saw a dupe go to bed outside their bedtime. Unlike hunger or breath stamina just drains to 0 and dupe falls exhausted in place. It is possible to wake them up via a red alert but i don`t thionk it makes them go to bed either unless it`s bedtime.

Archived