[Game Update] - Public Testing 489083

• Developer

Hello again, 

We’ve got a few more fixes and changes we wanted to get out to Public Testing before the weekend. We were finally able to find a fix for the infamous Duplicants getting stuck falling bug :D

Bug reports go here. Thanks again for all of your testing efforts! Have a good weekend.

Features

• Spaced Out! only
    • Added skippable intro cinematic which plays the first time the game is launched. 

Changes and Improvements

• All Versions
    • Destination select seed row no longer contained in the scrolling panel. 
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Updated strings for rocket engines to clarify they must be built via Rocket Platform.
    • Updated Cluster Style Select Screen animations.
    • Added a confirmation pop up box when the temporal tear opener is fired.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fix for Duplicants getting stuck falling in the air.
    • Fixed crash that could occur when assigning a Duplicant to a schedule moments after their death.
    • Fixed Schedule Screen related crash that could occur when Duplicants die or spawn.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed landed rockets appearing incorrectly on the Starmap if the screen hadn't been previously opened.
    • Fixed Liquid Intake Fitting and Liquid Output Fitting off gassing when pipe is full.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 2

3 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Hello again, 

We’ve got a few more fixes and changes we wanted to get out to Public Testing before the weekend. We were finally able to find a fix for the infamous Duplicants getting stuck falling bug :D

Fixes

• All versions Fix for Duplicants getting stuck falling in the air.

That would be great, many thanks for the efforts :razz:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

how many duplicant deaths do you think will happen per play session now? :D

Currently I`m playing on the stable branch. I didn`t build structures tonight, so I was able to have zero stuck dupes :roll:

Yesterday night I had 30 stuck dupe deaths or so, I was building a lot :ghost: That was a real pain. The stuck-bug cost me a hundred of dead dupes in my current save game. Endless grave yards... :lol: During the year it probably was a 1000 dupe deaths down to this bug. :flustered:

Not 100% sure if the dupes-stuck-on-med-beds is also fixed, at least I did not experience it recently. Touch wood :applause:

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

I absolutely love this cinematic!
Too bad I wasn't expecting it. I started the game and stepped away and missed the beginning.

When a lot of rockets appeared I thought at first it hinted at the introduction of multiplayer, heh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shtezal said:

I absolutely love this cinematic!
Too bad I wasn't expecting it. I started the game and stepped away and missed the beginning.

When a lot of rockets appeared I thought at first it hinted at the introduction of multiplayer, heh.

I thought of the Cold War, I love rockets and tech + the ONI cuteness. @sakura_sk thankfully gave the information on the forum that the game may be limited to 16 rockets ( for map reasons ), that is really good to know :razz: I hope Klei makes it possible that it is someday, somehow possible to operate rockets without dupes.

Without being able to enter a certain types of pure cargo rockets...Klei could also drop the number limitation for those operated cargo rockets, as they don`t require regular map space.

Of course a space station with some dupe restaurants ( and being able to build a galaxy wide fuel and microwave power grid hub ) would be superb too :ghost::afro:

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, JarrettM said:

Changes and Improvements

• All Versions
    • Destination select seed row no longer contained in the scrolling panel. 

@JarrettM Slightly better than it was before. 

But can you make the height of the select destination box taller.   Trying to avoid scrolling the panel as much as possible.

Maybe swap the info box to be under the selection refresh,   and the traits be on the right side for more height space.

Edited by RonEmpire