HOW do I build a rocket interior?

Maybe you can add a handy tool tip like ventilation has, because I looked everywhere and I just don't get how I put something IN the rocket interior.

Currently I'm doing rad new worlds, my first 2 asteroids have no access to Reed fibers, the oxygen mask doesn't last a 2 space trip and I don't know how to put oxygen IN the rocket.

1) I assume I need to build a vent inside, but how do I get materials inside?

2) that's it really, is it with solid payloads? I havent managed to get that going...

For materials just use storage bins. You can carry an infinite amount of cargo by having the dupes put stuff in storage bins and then emptying them manually (just deselect all materials).

With oxygen the easiest is again a storage bin and put oxylite inside. With tanks you need these:

https://oxygennotincluded.fandom.com/wiki/Gas_Output_Fitting

There is a magic door for dupes to walk in. So they can bring something with themselves into spacefare module. Inside it just another small world like your base. You just try to put anything you want into that small space. I just wondering you build nothing inside the rocket and fly?

For liquid and gas, there are input/output ports with the module.

1 hour ago, MilesLong4200 said:

Doesn't that always cause popped eardrums? I just use an algae oxidizer with a container full of algae

Nope.  Oxylite won't off gas above 1800 grams.  The catch is, if you have it on the floor of the rocket, little blips of CO2 will come by and it will release excess amounts.  Put your storage bin on top of a mesh tile and you won't have any problems.

I prefer building electrolyzers in rockets... Then all you have to do is pump some water, for toilet and for electrolyzer. For water you can build liquid reservoir inside the rocket or liquid tank as a rocket module. To use liquid, gas or solid cargo modules from the interior of the rocket you must put according outlets and make piping or rails for solids. Also with external storage you can easily filter materials. For example you can pump in fresh water from liquid tank and pump out Polluted water to same liquid tank, they won't mix and you can choose which one of two or more liquids you want to get from liquid tank, when using outlet in spacefarer module.

FYI you can just build anything in the rocket interior, when you plan the building, dupes will carry the materials from your base to the rocket. Also same way you can use resources that was stored in rocket, there is no need to unload it, they are accessible when rocket lands, unless you will store it in storage bin and make restrictions to use it when rocket is not flying.

Also don't be afraid of popped eardrums it only starts from >3,5kg/tile gas pressure and can't get worse even if have like hundreds tons per tile. So this could be a way to provide oxygen in a rocket. Just bare with popped eardrums and have tons of oxygen per tile in a rocket. Remember that dupe uses 60kg/cycle of oxygen. If you for example have pressure of 1000kg/tile, so one tile is storing enough oxygen for 16 cycles for one dupe. Count the tiles in a rocket interior, check what is your longest flying time and you will know how much of oxygen to pump in to the rocket to be save.

Archived