Weird Invisible Thing at Sea; Boat Can Pass Through, Character Cannot

I'd report this as a bug, but it's never happened again, I have no idea what caused it, and I'm still not even sure what happened. I don't use any mods, so that couldn't have caused it.

I was just going around on my boat, went on the land for a while, hopped back on my boat, tried to row on my way, but suddenly something invisible was there that I couldn't walk through that my boat could pass through without trouble. I rowed around it for a while, trying to figure out its dimensions, but eventually, my boat drifted so far into the invisible thing that it pushed me off of the boat, but then I snapped back onto the boat, and the invisible thing was gone. I managed to get a video of it happening, but without audio. Fortunately, audio isn't necessary to see this strange phenomenon.

Just figured I'd share this, since I think it was unusual and interesting, and perhaps someone will understand what was going on here, because I was extremely confused. ^o^;>

No, I never even activated the Terrarium at all yet in that world. I hadn't fought any bosses up to that point. The first Deerclops didn't arrive until the following night, after I got back to shore.

Is that a known thing, that the Twins can cause an invisible, impassable thing to appear?

Interesting. Perhaps it has something to do with the Terraria update itself, rather than the Twins. But maybe your invisible thing and my invisible thing are unrelated. Mostly I'm just glad to hear that this isn't unique to my game. If it keeps happening to people, hopefully it will get fixed.

Is it possible that there isn't actually an invisible object and the game is just confused on where the player is, or allowed to go to? The 'object' disappearing once your position was snapped back onto the boat makes me think it could be a possibility but I'm not really sure. Very interesting either way.

After watching the video again it seems like you're not allowed to go anywhere except where the boat was at the start of the video. The boat is moving but the game is confused somewhere and doesn't properly know the boat is moving so it's restricting you as if it was stationary. After you get warped back onto the boat the error is corrected.

That makes it make more sense, that perhaps the game just didn't think the walkable part of the boat was in the same place as the boat itself. I was fully expecting to fall into the water and drown when I got pushed off of the boat, but obviously that didn't happen, perhaps because of the reason you described.

Archived