Rebuild the flipped asteroid tunnel required.

The flipped asteroid has a tunnel to get through the lava area and get into space, but that tunnel seems has fixed tiles and location, no matter it can be used or not. In some scenario, the lower exit is not deep enough and IN the lava. In other scenarios, the thin abysslite wall can't stop lava conducting the heat or even have lava inside the tunnel. The worst scenario I've seen is that part of the wall melted when player digging the tunnel so lava straight run into the player's facility and destructed them. 

What worse is that flipped asteroid can't make space suit since reed fiber is completely not available. Using oxygen mask exhaust co2 and break the vacuum,then heated co2 burn the dupes.

Suggestion:

1) Make the wall thicker up to at least two layers of abysslite wall and make sure lava or anything hot is isolated from the tunnel. If you insist to make player in troubles,then change the tunnel into a really thick abysslite wall up to 6 or 8 layers from the top to bottom.

2) Make the tunnel much longer in case randomly spawned lava area is even lower

3) (If possible) Give player in flipped asteroid access to reed fiber. Just one buried reed seed would do.

I'm totally fine with that and it's meant to be a challenge. I had my dupes quarantine the entrance with water locks and vac out the enclosed room to prevent heat transfer. Then build insulated tiles across diagonal without leaking magma, and replace melting blocks with insulated tiles quickly. No equipment required. Just have some triage cots ready before you dig the tunnel in case dupes are acting stupid.

屏幕截图(1399).png

屏幕截图(1402).png

屏幕截图(1403).png

On 11/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, ONI_Chemist said:

I'm totally fine with that and it's meant to be a challenge. I had my dupes quarantine the entrance with water locks and vac out the enclosed room to prevent heat transfer. Then build insulated tiles across diagonal without leaking magma, and replace melting blocks with insulated tiles quickly. No equipment required. Just have some triage cots ready before you dig the tunnel in case dupes are acting stupid.

That not works every time. This is an example found in another forum. If he starts from the bottom, I don't think he has a method to get through.

33C2184D8F361605D7FA3A3DA22808FC.thumb.jpg.bf5a99585a0d9ddf26645995bceeb1e5.jpg

On 11/27/2021 at 9:19 AM, Deltic said:

That not works every time. This is an example found in another forum. If he starts from the bottom, I don't think he has a method to get through.

33C2184D8F361605D7FA3A3DA22808FC.thumb.jpg.bf5a99585a0d9ddf26645995bceeb1e5.jpg

Dig a second column on the left of ladder, so dupes can reach and build insulated tiles diagonally to replace the bottom block each time you move down. Remember to use materials of high melting point like ceramic or obsidian. Same way works for building bottom-up, just replace the top block with insulated tiles diagonally. 

FYI dupes can build doors behind closed doors, and insulated tiles diagonally. Building this way you don't need to have a special tunnel, it's working same building straight through magma.

Or just choose another starting asteroid if this is too big of a challenge in early or mid game.

If you turned off the generation of teleports (I believe this is some kind of cheating function))) before starting the game, you probably will not be able to start the rocket program due to the complete lack of iron ore in the flipped asteroid. I have tested 15-20 worlds and still have no idea how to solve this problem. Not a single iron volcano. No rust. No iron comets ... And by the way, I still don't know if there is at least one reed seed on the asteroid.

3 hours ago, DerevoXP said:

you probably will not be able to start the rocket program due to the complete lack of iron

You don`t need iron for early rockets though. The sugar and CO2 engines need any refined metal and most early modules are either refined metal or ore. First engine that needs steel is the steam one.

On 1/5/2022 at 7:46 AM, Sasza22 said:

You don`t need iron for early rockets though. The sugar and CO2 engines need any refined metal and most early modules are either refined metal or ore. First engine that needs steel is the steam one.

Iron here maybe required for steel.  One method of get through starts from the top is build multiple manual air lock and  air-free bricks(don't know its real name in English), but they have to made by steel to prevent melting in lava.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:09 PM, Deltic said:

What worse is that flipped asteroid can't make space suit since reed fiber is completely not available.

It, like 4 other moonlets, is paired with the Desolands, which has dreckos from what I've seen though.  And 'no teleporter' I don't think an intended part of game design, since they made using the teleporter an achievement.  So, getting reed fiber before tunneling seems possible.

Additionally, landing a rocket on the surface after teleporting the Desolands and then digging down or cooling the magma with steam turbines seems like solutions within the scope of intended game design.  So, not being able to go up without being able to drop the magma seems fine.

Furthermore, the map has three anti-entropy nullifiers from what I've seen.  It can also have a hydrogen vent.  There might be some way to build a tall area for magma to drop into which has only a small open pocket, and then cool the magma over time with anti-entropy nullifier or two.  Could be rather tricky though.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, ONI_Chemist said:

Remember to use materials of high melting point like ceramic or obsidian.

No need, it would take years for them to melt.

Sweating doesn't seem to happen to the solids in liquid-solid interaction, I had insulating obsidian hold up niobium (can melt obsidian) just fine. So the only risk is the rock heating up to melting point. And liquid-solid interactions transfer heat more slowly than any other combo - you can see it if you cap a volcano and the tiles touching molten metal end up cooler than ones touching CO2 above it.

16 hours ago, Deltic said:

Iron here maybe required for steel.  One method of get through starts from the top is build multiple manual air lock and  air-free bricks(don't know its real name in English), but they have to made by steel to prevent melting in lava.

You can use wolframite if you got that. Has an even higher melting point than steel. The main advantage of steel is overheat damage at higher temperatures, for melting point wolframite and tungsten are way better.

Archived