Dont make the helmet or shield unbreakable.

I love the new additions, i think the shield idea is a beyond fantastic addition to the game, and the hat is almost just as useful just because they’re repairable making them a low cost armor option that is useful at all stages of the game. With the shield being a perfect “ready at all times” weapon.

but I think they should stay how they are. I’m sure some people have petitioned to have them reach 0 and stay in your inventory but i think thats a little short sighted. i dont think the armor situation should ever just be solved. I dont want the weapon situation should be either. If i can just have this shield that does enough damage to replace a darksword for anything short of a boss, and be able to use it without fear of it running out, why would i use anything else. Realistically i can just hit that werepig an additional time. If i run out its okay because i can always just fuel it back up.  
i think the shield and mask should stay precious commoditys. If im not careful with this fantastic item that comes from a hard boss, I should lose it. I should have to fight the boss again. Its not like the boss is impossible or takes forever to prep and respawn. Its a difficult boss, but it can be defeated over a series of attempts and losing doesnt hurt anything but your resources. If i lose the gear that comes from these fights i should fight them again to get the gear back.

i dont want these boss fights to be one and done deals essentially.

The weapons being “exclusive” to the eye for an eye update makes me think they will be taken out the game when the December update arrives.

other then that- people should learn to pay attention to how much durability their weapons, tools and other items have: Otherwise they are going to have a really really bad time when they don’t.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The weapons being “exclusive” to the eye for an eye update makes me think they will be taken out the game when the December update arrives.

other then that- people should learn to pay attention to how much durability their weapons, tools and other items have: Otherwise they are going to have a really really bad time when they don’t.

Everything is staying except for the chest that gives you six free skins. That runs out sometime december

1 minute ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

It' kind of balanced as it is, don't make it more OP. It's not like eating yourself would take less time, same with crafting new helmet.

eating non meat food like blue caps is faster tho, i dont see how the item is op anyways is more convinient than op

I think the items being breakable encourages you to be more cautious with them, and if they do break gives incentive to fight the Terraria boss again.

it seems perfectly balanced to me.. and NOT having it break at 0% durability would provide no reason to want to re-fight the boss after you already have its OP gear.

Archived