Simple volcano taming?

Dear All,

I'd like to get some real amount of power from minor volcano and at the same time cool down the igneous rock for further processing. I just took a quick look at few designs to get a basic idea and started my approach. However.... My igneous rock is solidifying inside mesh tile. Has something changed 'recently'? How can I overcome this and push igneous rock as per image?
obraz.png.f1c4c32fea5b0d1858ac843a13544a12.png

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sheaker said:

Dear All,

I'd like to get some real amount of power from minor volcano and at the same time cool down the ingenious rock for further processing. I just took a quick look at few designs to get a basic idea and started my approach. However.... My ingenious rock is solidifying inside mesh tile. Has something changed 'recently'? How can I overcome this and push ingenious rock as per image?
obraz.png.f1c4c32fea5b0d1858ac843a13544a12.png

Thanks!

You have too much igneous rock and it has formed a tile

Thanks for the reply!
I put a door here, unfortunately they were able to push only like 128kg of igneous rock through airflow tile. Other 1600kg changed to debris but stuck inside the doors... (opening and closing again didn't worked).

6 minutes ago, sheaker said:

Thanks for the reply!
I put a door here, unfortunately they were able to push only like 128kg of ingenious rock through airtile. Other 1600kg changed to debris but stuck inside the doors... (opening and closing again didn't worked).

Magma forms a tile once it is above 1400kg iirc

Also do you have space materials?

You can get inspiration from the magma extractor part of my soon to be finished simple but hyperefficient petrol boiler that even with a modestly efficient heat exchanger uses less magma than the absolutely minimum possible output of a minor volcano.

unknown.png

Nah, that's fine. I am not going to copy this tile by tile, just to get an idea.

Anyway, it seems complicated.

It looks like the horizontal doors are working pretty good, they are pushing like 800kg of  igneous rock to the heat exchanger part and that's seems to be fine. Now I am facing another strange behaviour. I can easily overcome it using different material but I am curious why this airflow tile is getting hotter? Firstly I though it is a door that is transferring heat to this airflow tile but the bottom one is still completely cold. Why is that?

obraz.png.26f012f63d3fc21db571d8ee05a2156b.png

EDIT
Ok, I think the heat exchange here is working like with debris 'laying' on the door.
/EDIT

I will finish this simple design soon and share with You for any feedback.

Thank You all for replies!

Final setup done during normal gameplay. It is a little bit chaotic because there were others volcanos, because it was during normal gameplay, without special preparation. It evolved much since first plan. However, I think it is working now:
obraz.thumb.png.82f26c474e4c6da6876d690408a66dee.png

obraz.thumb.png.22d9f47a6365842639e7591bdc00884f.png

obraz.thumb.png.15119b64aec756c8b799892f1061e5d7.png

So far output is igneous rock at around 80-90 C + there is some significant power production.

As per now setup is taking something near 800-900kg of igneous rock per 200seconds.

Thanks!

I personally use these designs with a magma blade. Due to viscosity, a 1 tile high magma stream will only reach 11 tiles with gradually reducing mass. So if you put your door at the 10th tile, you will get consistent drips of about 160kg if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, it looks good, it is muuuch simpler but I am not 100% sure how to take igneous rock back from the cooling chamber. Additionally it looks like It is still not cold enough (I'd like to have it at least below water evaporation point

I will definitely put crude oil into bottom left cooling chamber to increase heat conductivity. I already added filter so the big debris at the beginning is staying in this chamber for a couple of seconds before autosweeper move it to conveyor loader.

Thanks!

EDIT:
Actually it saw this already. I took the idea of mesh tiles and teleport mechanism from it.

Archived