Transport of Beeta Hive

Hi all!

did anyone tried to move a beeta hive to another planet? I have some ideas to do so but well its quite the endeavor. Since they dont lay eggs i cant use methods of solid transportation so im thinking of putting them in the interior of a rocket for transport. Which is.. well not easy. I need to sustain negative temparatures or it will die and with the limited space it is quite tough. Am i missing something or is there really not other solution then to tranport them in the interior of a rocket?

Regards
Z

It's usually easier to transport them in a vacuum than to try to cool the interior of a rocket to appropriate temperatures. They only exchange heat with the tile they're in, so crawling on 20C steel is fine if they're in a vacuum.

For a short enough trip you can get away with an empty command capsule and the pilot in an atmosuit.

For longer trips, you probably want to make a small vacuum section to store the beetiny in with a liquid lock.

2 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

It's usually easier to transport them in a vacuum than to try to cool the interior of a rocket to appropriate temperatures. They only exchange heat with the tile they're in, so crawling on 20C steel is fine if they're in a vacuum.

For a short enough trip you can get away with an empty command capsule and the pilot in an atmosuit.

For longer trips, you probably want to make a small vacuum section to store the beetiny in with a liquid lock.

They also exchange heat with the tile they are on top of; they have debris physics. Put them on an insulated tile too.

16 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

no need to bring the pilot, just use a trailblazer to drop the pilot off after launching, then use the rocket's autopilot.

9 hours ago, Timotheeee1 said:

no need to bring the pilot, just use a trailblazer to drop the pilot off after launching, then use the rocket's autopilot.

Ha. I've considered that technique, but never found an actual use for it.

For some reason, I love the idea of a ghost ship full of radioactive bees showing up at the home planet.

Archived