Tutorials for end-game content, especially rocketry

The in-game information for late game content is far from adequate. I'm trying to build my first rocket and nothing works as expected: why does CO2 engine have a gas intake, but gas cargo canister doesn't? Why doesn't gas from Gas Rocket Port Loader load in either of them? Where do I store the gases for in-flight needs? A tutorial with a picture or two, like the ones for plumbing and ventilation would be very helpful. 

Yeah the reason for all that weirdness is all thje changes made to the system over the early access time. Previously there was no way to put gas into the module other than via the gas bottle emptier or by generating it inside. Then they added the fittings and later the ports. The rocket loaders were added to load stuff into cargo modules before fittings were added and now they won`t work without a cargo module. Engines and fuel tanks always had their own ports. After all those things were added it became super confusing and it`s likely not it`s final form yet.

Now imagine making a tutorial for that. They would have to change it like 5 times already. I`m sure they will make one eventually but first they need to clean up the system. It`s pretty weird now ngl.

I am long time ONI player, but left shortly after it came out of beta and now back with Spaced Out.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to build a rocket now.  Here's my research tree, I have CO2 engine etc, nosecone etc 

image.thumb.png.22724a1648f67d5f333c76f47f0a2af6.png

Here's what I can build:

image.thumb.png.e265c30531ba3413891fe66238a6aae8.png

The Payload Organizer is the only thing not grayed out, and when I place on the engine it says nope invalid building location. So I've totally researched the nose cone and other modules, where are they? 

4 hours ago, Denisetwin said:

I am long time ONI player, but left shortly after it came out of beta and now back with Spaced Out.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to build a rocket now.  Here's my research tree, I have CO2 engine etc, nosecone etc 

image.thumb.png.22724a1648f67d5f333c76f47f0a2af6.png

Here's what I can build:

image.thumb.png.e265c30531ba3413891fe66238a6aae8.png

The Payload Organizer is the only thing not grayed out, and when I place on the engine it says nope invalid building location. So I've totally researched the nose cone and other modules, where are they? 

gray items what is in your image is possible build inside rocked

other items you can build by click the engine, then the Rocked module menu appears,  you have there + button at there you can build other rocked parts

cofusing.thumb.png.c86d730bef0cda975f8a893afb011bd5.png

13 hours ago, gabberworld said:

other items you can build by click the engine, then the Rocked module menu appears,  you have there + button at there you can build other rocked parts

You are freaking kidding me.  Do you know how long I searched the build menus????!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Archived