So I find a few aspects of the plant mutation system a bit confusing and there isn't a lot of info out there,.

Do mutant sleet wheats produce mutant seeds?

What is overall the most resource efficient mutation? Wildish seems very good for sleet wheat - as I understand it removes the need for water which seems incredibly strong.

9 hours ago, Smithe37 said:

Do mutant sleet wheats produce mutant seeds?

What is overall the most resource efficient mutation? Wildish seems very good for sleet wheat - as I understand it removes the need for water which seems incredibly strong.

Not anymore

I think it would be exuberant since it produces a little bit of rot to be composted, the other good ones would be leafy and easy-going specially for sleet what (it can grow at <20 temperatures). Wildish will increase the timer for growth too much to be viable

On 11/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, Pedro_L said:

Not anymore

I think it would be exuberant since it produces a little bit of rot to be composted, the other good ones would be leafy and easy-going specially for sleet what (it can grow at <20 temperatures). Wildish will increase the timer for growth too much to be viable

pip planted sleet wheat farms are great. Yes, it takes a while to get yields but no hassles with water management.

if to go for mutated -> easy-going for easy piping/water temperature and also comfortable temperature for grub-grub to speed up growth rate

but it primarily depends what Smithe37 likes. Some players like to create complex irrigation systems to feed-drop water at any temperature (water loops, water metering for each plant, etc.) and still be able to go for specialized.

Exuberant or SuperSpecialized.  The nice thing about sleet wheat (unless this has changed while I wasn't looking) is that when it mutates, all the seeds are the same mutant variety.  So once you get what you want, you've got enough to plant the whole greenhouse in one shot.  The biggest problem, of course, is just keeping them out of your food supply until they're analyzed and planted.

4 hours ago, NewWorldDan said:

The nice thing about sleet wheat (unless this has changed while I wasn't looking) is that when it mutates, all the seeds are the same mutant variety.  So once you get what you want, you've got enough to plant the whole greenhouse in one shot.  The biggest problem, of course, is just keeping them out of your food supply until they're analyzed and planted.

They changed that

Just now, NeoDeusMachina said:

When did they change it? On the current live branch every time I got sleet wheat mutation, all 18 grains were of the same type of mutant, and that happened systematically every time I harvested a batch of mutated wheat.

I swear I didn't when I played 15 days ago

Archived