Is Bed Rest a new thing or did it sneak in through a mod?

I haven’t played Spaced Out for about a month or so. I recently started a new colony (radioactive ocean!!) and I’ve noticed that sometimes my dupes will go to bed in the middle of the day. It seems like this happens when they are sick (maybe only hypothermia?) and it’s definitely not from running out of stamina as they still just drop to the floor and sleep when that happens.

Is this a new feature that was added to the game or did something unintentionally come in with one of the mods I’m running?

Did some 300 cycles recently and haven't noticed anything like that.
I did notice what seems to be a bit more dupe stupidity then normal recently tho.. might be connected?
(I had 5 dupes bring 100 kg gold for gold tile through 1/3rd of map.. whyyy? and then ofc 6th to build it)

10 hours ago, KonfigSys said:

my narcoleptic does not go to the bed unless it is a bed time break. He usually put on atmosuit and goes into hottest place to take the nap.

It is funny as there is no job to do there.

I've had dupes go idle in most unusual places. Cake went to 3 of them that after a job in oxygen masks in barely breathable area they idled there after masks run out of oxygen. So it was a bit of idling then bit of gasping for breath and repeat...

On 11/7/2021 at 1:07 AM, KonfigSys said:

my narcoleptic does not go to the bed unless it is a bed time break. He usually put on atmosuit and goes into hottest place to take the nap.

It is funny as there is no job to do there.

That seems to be some sort of general pattern and by design. I literally have moved dupes next to their cots and they did insist running over half the map before collapsing. 

No. It wasn't narcolepsy. I had another dupe with that trait and the behavior continued to be what I've come to expect for that case. There was a specific "bed rest" status that the duplicant acquired when they went back to their bed. I also checked their stamina and they definitely weren't at or near zero. I'm running a couple of mods and one of them probably snuck that behavior in without me realizing it.

Archived