Pacu taming - need help!

The eggs the pacu lay will retain the progress that you have achieved, you are using seeds which makes them take a while before being fully tamed, also they are wild so they eat less which makes things slower, but you are doing good, have a little patience and they will start to produce more eggs.

You also might want to have a dedicated system to get the eggs out, or else the pacu will become cramped, and the amount of eggs it lays will be lower than if happy.

If you ever feed them algae be careful, they eat a lot.

10 minutes ago, blueberry pi said:

The eggs the pacu lay will retain the progress that you have achieved, you are using seeds which makes them take a while before being fully tamed, also they are wild so they eat less which makes things slower, but you are doing good, have a little patience and they will start to produce more eggs.

You also might want to have a dedicated system to get the eggs out, or else the pacu will become cramped, and the amount of eggs it lays will be lower than if happy.

If you ever feed them algae be careful, they eat a lot.

Thank you so much for your reply! Could you explain to me why using seeds takes longer than algae?

I should be incorporating a sweeper soon, but haven't gotten around to getting refined metals >_<

If I assume correctly is because the seed is more nutritious than algae, a tame pacu only needs 0.3 of a seed per cycle, all wild critters eat the normal amount every 4 cycles, the duration of the feed by the feeder (which tames them) only last 2 cycles, so it eats once every four cycles so it becomes tame in double the time than with algae. With algae is different they eat 140 kg a cycle, so they eat each cycle, with algae they become tame in 10 cycles.

Something like that i have not experimented much with the concept just yet.

taming only happens for 1 cycle after eating from the fish feeder.  this 1 cycle taming happens when they eat a seed or any amount of algae.  i'll often set the fish feeder to 1kg of algae.  they'll eat 140kg algae a cycle so dupe time might be high or set some automation.  you could set to higher kg for algae but it'll be more inefficient but as long as you have enough algae

pacu seem to eat until full with seeds and then aren't hungry for a long time (0.3 seeds per cycle).  they only gain 15% tameness per cycle and lose 5% per cycle when not having 'ate from feeder' buff

They eat seeds once per 2 cycles but the "ate from feeder" buff only lasts 1 cycle so it takes 20 cycles to get a "tame" pacu using seeds meaning if you don't have a "printed from the pod" pacu, you will get a tame one on the next generation.

I did a thing once and watched pacu grow...

Spoiler

PACU.png.110548b3c4318d0d82fc006a73b82cfd.png

*I don't think fries (baby pacu) can eat from the feeder. The table above is for spawn/printed full grown pacu

On 11/2/2021 at 10:39 PM, sakura_sk said:

*I don't think fries (baby pacu) can eat from the feeder. The table above is for spawn/printed full grown pacu

They eat, saw it with my own eyes, baby's eat just the same as adults. So your counting is good for any pacu if starting to feed him as soon as it hatches from the egg... That's way you need second generation to become tame if feeding seeds.

Archived