Did I just delete my entire world saves?

So I was constantly having the issue with not being allowed excess to the game for some reason after every update for a while now. Normally just executing Steam as administrator solved the problem, but this time it did not. After working through the help page, I entered "-persistent_storage_root c/DontStarveTogether" into Launch options on Steam, as recommended by the help page. Now the game is running, but my save files seem to be all gone. Stuff like my skins or cookbook entries are still there, but no worlds. Can I retrieve them from somewhere or are they gone for good now?

I don't really know, if they got deleted or remain in another folder than the one the game is now writing the save files into. It might take an answer from Klei themselves I'm afraid. But well, it kinda sucks, but pulvis et umbra sumus, I guess. If they became ash and shadow, so be it...

2 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

I don't really know, if they got deleted or remain in another folder than the one the game is now writing the save files into. It might take an answer from Klei themselves I'm afraid. But well, it kinda sucks, but pulvis et umbra sumus, I guess. If they became ash and shadow, so be it...

Your saves are in the previous folder, you changed it by adding that line to launch (-persistent_storage_root c/DontStarveTogether), you could move them or if you want to get it to work how it was before all you need to do is remove that from launch options and add DST 64bit to allowed apps in your antivirus.

What adding that line to launch does is just create a new save folder and use that as a new location, it doesn't copy the save files.

If you want to move the save files, you can just go to your documents/klei/donotstarvetogether and copy them to the new directory which is in c/dontstarvetogether.

Archived