Lord of the Fruitflies should drop weed seeds

So weeds are generally just a nuisance, even the useful ones. But some people (me, I'm some people) might want to decorate with weeds since they don't rot.

Going through hundreds of seeds just to get that 1 one in the spot you wanted is such a pain. 

Please Klei, make Lord of the Fruitflies drop weed seeds. It would even make sense considering that he and his flies can spawn them.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

So weeds are generally just a nuisance, even the useful ones. But some people (me, I'm some people) might want to decorate with weeds since they don't rot.

Going through hundreds of seeds just to get that 1 one in the spot you wanted is such a pain. 

Please Klei, make Lord of the Fruitflies drop weed seeds. It would even make sense considering that he and his flies can spawn them.

What about also being able to catch Fruitflies so you can drop them off and have them plant weeds?

It amazes me that mosquitos are catchable, but fruit flies, which would have an actual usage being able to be caught, aren't catchable.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

What about also being able to catch Fruitflies so you can drop them off and have them plant weeds?

The problem is that right now "wild" Fruitflies are programmed to plant a single weed or bother a single farm plant, then turn hostile to the player, so that woudn't be of much use. I suppose it's meant to encourage players to engage with the Lord of the Fruit Flies, as keeping him around lets you make use of the Fruit Flies he commands for infinite forget-me-lots.

And, to be honest, I find the idea of exploiting a miniboss to farm weeds for you much more interesting than the idea of killing that miniboss for weed seeds.

3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

And, to be honest, I find the idea of exploiting a miniboss to farm weeds for you much more interesting than the idea of killing that miniboss for weed seeds.

Bosses who are more useful alive than dead have always been the coolest ones!

Archived