PlayStation controller is detected as Xbox

Hi! Looking for some help. When I play DST with a PS4 controller, DST sees the controller as an Xbox controller instead, and shows me those bindings. See screenshot below (note the "Input Device" and the "B" button at the bottom). I'd like to get DST to detect my controller properly as a PS4 controller.

1938487795_Screenshot2021-09-15232834.thumb.png.3f9033981f30b9ca621806ed7f8b483a.png

I think the issue is specific to DST because Steam sees my controller properly as a PlayStation controller and I don't have any overrides in place.

1903711099_Screenshot2021-09-15232647.thumb.png.b6b8aaa9c18aaee3127dbc4bde0ecf66.png

I have found a little evidence that this issue has happened to others before: 

I don't have any other software such as DS4Windows running that could interfere with this. The issue occurs both when the controller is wired and wireless, and both when launching from Steam Desktop or Big Picture. Appreciative of any suggestions or other things I can try. Thanks!

Thanks! I posted here because I wasn't sure whether this required devs’ attention or just help from the community to resolve. Happy to post or crosspost elsewhere.

I think I have only ever seen Xbox prompts display, never PlayStation prompts. I strongly suspect PlayStation prompts are supported even though I’ve never seen them, but maybe that’s a good place to start:

Can anyone confirm that PlayStation button prompts will appear on PC, and that PlayStation controllers will show up as PlayStation controllers and not Xbox?

Yup, I’m aware of this mod, but it doesn’t do what I’m looking for. From the author of that mod in a comment (emphasis mine):

This mod replaces the Xbox prompts with these PS styled ones. It will work if you emulate your PS4 controller as an Xbox controller. The game should support PS4 prompts natively though.

I am looking to enable the native support that the mod author suggests should exist, not the emulation route.

Archived