Problem with purchased item

Good afternoon
Yesterday I sold an item of mine on the steam market called "The Survivor" "Heirloom Elegant" by Wigfrid which was worth 1350spools.

I sold it because I intended to buy the Wigfrid Deluxe Wardrobe bundle which comes with 5 skins of it complete. And one of them was precisely the one I already had, so I didn't see the need to keep two alike. But after I bought it I found that despite being THE SAME item, the one I received was only worth 450 spools, and it also appeared there that I can't sell either.

Would you like someone to explain to me the reason why I receive an equal item, but undervalued?

Even because nowhere in the game store is it written that the items we buy directly are worth less and will have an inferior rarity and that we cant sell them again.

The items sold in the steam market from the characters that are reworked have a ,,heirloom,, quality, thus they can be unweaved for the amount of spools they are weaved for. Those items are marketable and you can sell them if you choose. On the other hand.Klei is making most of these items weavable through reworks and making it so that further on the items are normal elegant quality, can be obtained in game and aren't marketable. So you aren't able to get the Heirloom drops anymore unless you specifically buy them from the Steam market or have them from when they were obtainable. No item you buy from the Klei shop is marketable and you should have seen that ,because if it were then you would be able to get an infinite amount of spools that way and it would be unreasonable. So just so you know from now on,any item that is not Heirloom can not be unweaved for 100% of the spools back.

But that should be specified in the item we buy there in the store.

Because the in-game store doesn't specify the type of rarity of the item. So I bought it believing it would be the same. After all they had the same name and specification.

And now I'm feeling ripped off and cheated because I sold my item thinking I'd get an equal one, and that's not what happened.

If I knew it wouldn't be the same identical item, I wouldn't have sold it. And now I can't retrieve my item.

I would like you to refund my "Heirloom" item so...

It actually does say which item you are getting if you would just look at the curio cabinet. You would have seen that Wigfrid has duplicate skins,the one you had was Heirloom and the option for the steam market showed up once you clicked it. And you would have also seen that there was another identical skin and when clicked on it would say Elegant and no steam button. That's on you for thinking you can buy steam market items through the Klei store.

Fun fact: you can’t buy, sell or trade skins on the Xbox (and probably also Playstation as well) versions of this game so this likely only impacts PC users using Steam Market Place- but for everyone else on a Console:

The rarity of an item pretty much only determines It’s Value in the amount of spools you will get should you choose to unravel it.

I should also mention that Klei took notice of players getting rich off selling other players rare hard to obtain skins, by charging a fortune for them- And Klei was like “nahhh we will release duplicate versions of this item at much cheaper 2-5$ costs so WE make profits off them instead of other people making profits off us.”

They're the creators, it’s their game they should have full rights to decide what is and isn’t sold through their In-game shop.

And personally I think it was rather unfair to charge a kid like 80$+ for a skin they really wanted just because Klei made it rare.

Therefore- I’m really glad they decided to release lower rarity versions of the same skins so people can pay a cheap cost directly to Klei, and obtain the item they want without having to you know sell their soul or something.

You should also probably know that anytime a character gets reworked Klei puts all their skin sets in the game as permanently purchasable/weaveable so they’re no longer these impossible to get 500$ Skin sets being sold through steam Market.

Its not just during reworks- During Holidays things like Creepy Cauldron became more readily available to players and I predict: This upcoming WintersFeast will obsolete even more Expensive Market place trades.

Both with Holiday skins AND Wolfgang’s rework..

Unless someone just really really really wants the “Heirloom” rarity of the same exact identical skin- I don’t think anyone is going to be foolish enough to spend 80$ On it when they can get the same skin in a lesser rarity value for 2-5$ 

The TL:DR- Klei is intentionally phasing out expensive Market place trading- As a console player this never impacted me outside of skins I really wanted that would’ve probably NEVER been obtainable (because I couldn’t buy/sell or trade) becoming easy to purchase directly from Klei. But- As an adult I’m so beyond glad people can’t spam children out of 90$ for a measly crockpot reskin.

You got back the same skin you sold, just it’s now of a lesser unraveling value. And ALL future skin sets will be this same way.. I see no purchase problem here.

Archived