Ceviche is Useless (opinions)

Ceviche... Useless... or no???  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like ceviche as a dish?

Please NO MORE CEVICHE! THE MOST METIOCRE DISH IN DST!

look, others may like it but there's much better fish dishes out there than ceviche,

• Surf n' Turf
  • Fish Cordon Bleu
  • etc!

Please, don't use ceviche, especially considering it requires a value of 2 points of fish and requires a piece of ice, please no.

The 20 health is decent but you can use surf n turf for 60 health using the same amount of fish, It doesn't require the big kind like Ceviche!
It's basically a ripoff unagi, I'd prefer to fish for eels than struggle to fish the big kind 

No MoRe CeViChE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all food needs to be objectively better than it's alternatives. Options can exist in games that are a bit more abstract. You have to understand that cooking with the crockpot in DS wasn't originally intended for you to pull up the wiki and know the ins and outs of every food mechanic, a lot of fun came from experimentation with different ingredients to see what they produced, personally weighing if that food was a good option provided your current means of acquiring food, or maybe just making specific foods with ingredients you like because that's your aesthetic. If you look at these things purely from the view of stats, sure. It's outclassed. Foods like Fist Full of Jam and Ratatouille suck. However, that's alright, you don't need to have an incredibly limited scope of meals because the rest would be "bad". I personally stick to the same recipes I normally always do, but if I have ingredients, I'll mix it up a little, or see if I can make something creative out of the hodge-podge of random stock that I have. I think it's quite nice to open a fridge to a plethora of multiple kinds of meals with different stats rather than opening it up to 18 meatballs and rotting vegetables I'm not using.

2 hours ago, Auth said:

Not all food needs to be objectively better than it's alternatives.

Yes,I have no idea, where is the need to make the game perfectly balanced (or what not) comes from.

If you pardon my real life comparison - It's like if you said:

Please NO MORE cakes! THE MOST METIOCRE DISH IN real life!

look, others may like it but there's much better dishes out there than cakes,

• Some healthy stuff
  • Some other healthy stuff
  • etc!

Please, don't eat cakes, especially considering it requires ingredients that could be used for something else, please no.

The nutrition value is decent but you can eat something else for more nutrition using the same amount of money.

No MoRe cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe people like cakes for how they taste, not for the numbers.

And that's not a response to just this thread. Every time Klei decides to add new meals into the game, some people start to complain, that some of them are worse and not worth making. I, personally, like the choice, even if my chosen meal is worse stat-wise.

P.S. As far as to answer the specific meal - CEVICHE - it doesn't particularly appeal to me, but i would cook it for my critter. I bet Kittykit or Vargling would enjoy it. Maybe even Broodling would try this.

Archived