[SOLVED] How do you tame pacu now?

My pacu ate once and no more. I feed it with algae buff "ate from feeder" last like 0.2 cycle Then I reload the save and feed it with seed the buff lasted 1 cycle.
The thing is once the buff end it doesn't eat and Wildness just kept rising.
How do you tame it? What am I missing?

image.thumb.png.65c39a3454806f69aa9a3dcea04a23b8.png

Doesn't the "ate from the feeder" buff last 1 cycle either way? They eat 10kg algae (and some additional because of bugged feeder..)  every cycle and 0.30 kg of seed (or 1/3 of a seed) every 2 cycles. Using seeds you will tame a fish in their second generation. Fries keep the wilderness meter of their parent when they are born (last time I checked...)

Taming pacu with seeds is difficult to say the least.  If they get fully fed, they won't eat again until they become hungry which can take 2-4 cycles.

The solution: feed them algae, but set your fish feeder to a capacity of 1kg.  That way their calories never fill up and they keep coming back for more.  Once they're tamed, you can switch to seeds.

If you want a good source of seeds try wild nosh sprouts, if you want to you can mutate them for faster growth, the pacu can eat nosh beans and the nosh sprout produces 12 in 84 cycles or 21 if exuberant or domestic, giving you about 0.125 beans per cycle or 0.5 seeds per cycle if exuberant or domestic, just mind the subzero temperatures.

Archived