radbolts Automation output

This is now in the game!

image.png.fdc2bc9a1edfe5f89f026ca033a31466.png

For the material study terminal at least. I'm using a not gate and a filter to top it up if it's been not-full for some time. Once your research dupe starts researching, it becomes not-full quickly, so you need some automation to make it work. But it's there!

1 hour ago, GhostEcho said:

This is now in the game!

image.png.fdc2bc9a1edfe5f89f026ca033a31466.png

For the material study terminal at least. I'm using a not gate and a filter to top it up if it's been not-full for some time. Once your research dupe starts researching, it becomes not-full quickly, so you need some automation to make it work. But it's there!

yes its there now, good jobs klei devs for listening our feedback

I'm not liking how this works though. Let's say you've got the materials analysis terminal with a not-gate. There's 100 radbolts it will go green, the not will go red, so you know not to fire radbolts. However if there are 99 radbolts in the machine, it will go red, the not-gate will go green, and your generator will fire a minimum of 50 bolts at it. Unlike the other game mechanics, radbolts won't queue up in a pipe or conveyor, the extras will just blow past the target and impact the wall beyond. *Poof*

For the MAT, I find it easier to just set up a single generator with the output tuned so that a bolt hits the target and charges it with exactly 100, and have a manual switch to fire it when needed. If I've got the generator sandwiched between two wheezeworts it will only accumulate about 78 bolts/cycle anyway so I can just leave the switch on and let my researcher check on it about once a day (with priority 6). 

What I'd really like is some way to trigger a bolt when the accumulated charge in the MAT is exactly zero (or some other threshold), but given how it's implemented now I doubt we'll see any changes.

5 hours ago, meekay said:

I'm not liking how this works though. Let's say you've got the materials analysis terminal with a not-gate. There's 100 radbolts it will go green, the not will go red, so you know not to fire radbolts. However if there are 99 radbolts in the machine, it will go red, the not-gate will go green, and your generator will fire a minimum of 50 bolts at it. Unlike the other game mechanics, radbolts won't queue up in a pipe or conveyor, the extras will just blow past the target and impact the wall beyond. *Poof*

For the MAT, I find it easier to just set up a single generator with the output tuned so that a bolt hits the target and charges it with exactly 100, and have a manual switch to fire it when needed. If I've got the generator sandwiched between two wheezeworts it will only accumulate about 78 bolts/cycle anyway so I can just leave the switch on and let my researcher check on it about once a day (with priority 6). 

What I'd really like is some way to trigger a bolt when the accumulated charge in the MAT is exactly zero (or some other threshold), but given how it's implemented now I doubt we'll see any changes.

yes i know that's why i asked in request that it needs radbolts not that it have radbolts . but i guess that's how game should be, not that easy

maybe it would be better if they change those like smart battery works

but yes green signal should be give me food, im hungry, not the opposite

I think the devs just made another choice, by giving the option to start research, or launching payloads only if there's a full load of radbolts, so that dupes may not enter a high radiation zone every minute. ;)

On 11/4/2021 at 6:18 AM, meekay said:

However if there are 99 radbolts in the machine, it will go red, the not-gate will go green, and your generator will fire a minimum of 50 bolts at it. Unlike the other game mechanics, radbolts won't queue up in a pipe or conveyor, the extras will just blow past the target and impact the wall beyond. *Poof*

To solve this, you can use the automation to shut off the power of the radbolt generator. so that it will not be full when the signal become green, or just add a buffer.

On my side, I'm more disapointed that the radbolt generator lower charge is 50 instead of 20 (the amount needed for 1 payload launch).

Archived